• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #25, (W, 74-63), Mon, 1/29 @ Wisconsin (#85) (10-12) (3-6), 8:00 pm CST, BTN

very nice win. that was the type of "consistency" win I've been waiting for for like....ever. very encouraging. Ugly game, half the team was in foul trouble, other team's best player was getting foul calls like he's made out of glass, Roby doesn't score a single point....yet, despite all that, we get the win. i would assume this has to be one of the more encouraging wins for the team this year. When NU got 2 steals in a row and cut the lead from 10 down to 4 I could see it on the court. its just one of those things, i'm not sure how to describe it but you can see it. NU knew they were gonna win. i knew it, the players knew it, the bench knew it. THAT is what i find most encouraging cause i could see it in the body language of the players. they way the carried themselves while being down literally the entire game up to that point, there is a confidence there. no panic, no frustration. just kept working, kept working, and eventually what they believed would happen did. I've mentioned on here a number of times, the foundation of this program. sure wins are great, but what is actually being built? what is the program going to be about? thats been a hard question to answer the past 7 years, but despite the recent success of the past few weeks, the way NU has gone about it has been good to see. This doesn't feel like "luck" or whatever....2013/2014 sort of felt that way. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last longer then the last 8 games of that year.

that being said, I never thought i would see the day when NU destroyed another team at the FT line.... wow. good thing Ethan can't make freethrows. he didn't deserve to shoot half the FTs he did, so the bball gods evened things out for us. GBR!

Horrible shooting night and still a double-digit win. Not sure why but I thought we were going to win the whole night. When we went down 11 I started to feel uneasy but then we poured it on.

In a game like tonight, I play Borchardt more. He plays pretty decent defense and while he is overmatched by Happ, so is everyone else. His fouls are as good as anyone's.

How can Happ be such a great player but so bad at the foul line? I know its not just him but its odd.

If we can pull out a win at Minnesota, we will be set up to finish very strong.:Ironn:

very nice win. that was the type of "consistency" win I've been waiting for for like....ever. very encouraging. Ugly game, half the team was in foul trouble, other team's best player was getting foul calls like he's made out of glass, Roby doesn't score a single point....yet, despite all that, we get the win. i would assume this has to be one of the more encouraging wins for the team this year. When NU got 2 steals in a row and cut the lead from 10 down to 4 I could see it on the court. its just one of those things, i'm not sure how to describe it but you can see it. NU knew they were gonna win. i knew it, the players knew it, the bench knew it. THAT is what i find most encouraging cause i could see it in the body language of the players. they way the carried themselves while being down literally the entire game up to that point, there is a confidence there. no panic, no frustration. just kept working, kept working, and eventually what they believed would happen did. I've mentioned on here a number of times, the foundation of this program. sure wins are great, but what is actually being built? what is the program going to be about? thats been a hard question to answer the past 7 years, but despite the recent success of the past few weeks, the way NU has gone about it has been good to see. This doesn't feel like "luck" or whatever....2013/2014 sort of felt that way. Sure it was fun while it lasted, but it didn't last longer then the last 8 games of that year.

that being said, I never thought i would see the day when NU destroyed another team at the FT line.... wow. good thing Ethan can't make freethrows. he didn't deserve to shoot half the FTs he did, so the bball gods evened things out for us. GBR!
Agree about this teams mental outlook and overall team being better than 13/14. That team was rolling the dice every game where as this one plays with confidence and poise.

We get an 8 day rest, and I think we need that badly. I think we get the road win in Minnie and get to 18 - 8 at that point. Then, we only have one road game left and 4 at home. I really like our odds at this point.
If we can pull out a win at Minnesota, we will be set up to finish very strong.:Ironn:

We get an 8 day rest, and I think we need that badly. I think we get the road win in Minnie and get to 18 - 8 at that point. Then, we only have one road game left and 4 at home. I really like our odds at this point.
Hopefully that 8 day rest win lead us to not putting ourselves in a hole at Minny like we usually do on the road.

Hopefully that 8 day rest win lead us to not putting ourselves in a hole at Minny like we usually do on the road.
Yeah, I thought about that also, but, I think this is a case, where this break comes at the perfect time for us. Our guys are hungry, and I know they can smell the invite, and I also know, they really, really want that invite. GBR!!!!

If they can play that 1-3-1, AND rebound, they can do great things.
Definitely...rebounding that way tonight certainly allowed them to overcome that deficit, get over the hump, and increase the lead. The 1-3-1 really helped dictate what the Badgers did offensively...get Happ away from the block hurt his offense and kept him from the offensive glass.

Also, gotta give some love to Evan Taylor because the dude isn't afraid to bring the hard foul. His foul in Happ to keep him from getting the easy 2 during the last few minutes of the game was such a good foul.

These guys have a ton of confidence right now, and deservedly so. They just don't quit or back down, and that is so refreshing to see. Real good team chemistry also.
The team chemistry is the best it's been in a loooong time. It sure is fun to watch an athletic team with good chemistry believe it can win...and it's even more fun watching that team come back from 11 down on the road to push its conference record to 8-4 at the end of January.

The team chemistry is the best it's been in a loooong time. It sure is fun to watch an athletic team with good chemistry believe it can win...and it's even more fun watching that team come back from 11 down on the road to push its conference record to 8-4 at the end of January.
Man, you aren't kidding. That was a very nice road win. Foul trouble early on, two starters didn't score at all, down by 11 late in the second, and they didn't quit. Very nice indeed. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Horrible shooting night and still a double-digit win. Not sure why but I thought we were going to win the whole night. When we went down 11 I started to feel uneasy but then we poured it on.

In a game like tonight, I play Borchardt more. He plays pretty decent defense and while he is overmatched by Happ, so is everyone else. His fouls are as good as anyone's.

How can Happ be such a great player but so bad at the foul line? I know its not just him but its odd.

It's been a while since I had that "I think we are going to lose tonight" feeling before a game. That feeling never crept in mind tonight...just felt like they could weather anything Wisconsin threw out.

Next game victim on this win streak is the Olden Golphers.

Yeah, I thought about that also, but, I think this is a case, where this break comes at the perfect time for us. Our guys are hungry, and I know they can smell the invite, and I also know, they really, really want that invite. GBR!!!!

On the B1G show they asked Glynn Watson what he's gonna due with 8 days off. He said, "Hit the gym."

:Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back