1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

MBB Game #24, (L, 81-62), Sat, 2/9 @ Purdue, (#10), (16-6) (9-2), 7:30pm CT, BTN

Discussion in 'Men's Basketball' started by Red Don, Feb 8, 2019.

1. carrolltonsker

carrolltonsker Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

They make 1, but they get the offensive rebound. Then we inexplicably foul again. 62-81.

2. carrolltonsker

carrolltonsker Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

NU loses 62-81. Very mediocre 2nd half.

3. HuskerWeatherman

HuskerWeatherman Husker Fan 15 Year Member

I don't know that Nebraska could have done a lot more than what they did. Purdue is simply a machine right now, and Nebraska had no shot.

HuSkaBob and FullbackTrap like this.
  4. Red Don

Red Don Water Boy 5 Year Member

Final Stats:

upload_2019-2-9_19-36-16.png

5. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor All Big 10 10 Year Member

This season will not end well.
    That was told to me by Captain Obvious.

Ackos likes this.
  6. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

A quick vent of the spleen. Let me preface by saying I’m sure life has been far more challenging by losing Copeland, and having Watson in some form of zombie-like trance. However, that’s still not going to excuse Palmer for shooting 5-14 from inside the 3 pt line, with 2 of those buckets coming late with the game out of reach, which is his norm. Add to that 1 rebound, 1 assist, in 39 minutes. If you are on the court 39 minutes, I’m not sure how you only get 1 rebound unless you simply run the opposite way every time a shot goes up.

7. Hooked on Huskers

Hooked on Huskers I'm old as a rock 2 Year Member

Three weeks ago or so, our Huskers made Top 25 poll.

Bummer :Facepalm:

HuskerWeatherman likes this.
  8. LarstheRed

I guess I’m a little different. Take Purdue and their ability out of the equation, and simply look at our team. We haven’t, in anyway shape or form, moved forward in evaluating how to win with the players we have. Copeland is out, and that hurts, so what are we doing to figure out how to be successful? Kansas has lost 4 key players, but they are at least trying things to hold the season together.

This is hard to watch, because anytime a call goes against us, or we miss a good opportunity, the air comes out. If our guys are that frail, then we either have crap players, out our leadership hasn’t instilled any pride in them.

huskermike likes this.
  9. huskermike

huskermike Cyber Traveler 10 Year Member

This

10. NUFootballTim

NUFootballTim Scout Team 10 Year Member

funny you mention that cause i was thinking the exact same thing, when the game was out or reach. does the guy who already took enough shots over the course of the game let someone else drive to the basket with 45 seconds to go....maybe get a freebie? nope. james gots to get hiz. dude adds 6+ PPG to his stat line just in garbage time freebies when the other team isn't bothering to defend.

LarstheRed likes this.
  11. HuskerWeatherman

Oh, don't get me wrong. We suck and that's on Tim Miles. It's pretty clear I've been bashing him hard for several weeks now.

My point is -- there's not many teams that are going to beat Purdue right now. And Nebraska -- even if they brought their A game -- probably would not have won.

It's not about what we are doing to try to be successful. This season is already over and Tim Miles is as good as gone. There's no chance at either of those changing. But -- I did appreciate mixing up the lineup a bit tonight. Actually, that should have been done a while ago. And maybe if Miles wasn't so hesitant to use his bench more earlier in the season, we wouldn't be where we are now. Regardless, that's water under the bridge.

Purdue is simply better than all but maybe 10-15 teams in the county right now. So, I'm not going to get worked up much over this game, as there were plenty of other games earlier in the season we could have/should have won -- and we crapped on ourselves.

12. Goal-line

Goal-line Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

For starters, better rebounding, taking better care of the ball, playing better defense by moving their feet instead of reaching once the opponent turns the corner, learn some offensive scheme other than perimeter dribbling and running out the shot clock hence throwing up prayer shots, getting the ball out on the break for easy points and making free throws. Lastly, put forth the necessary effort to win. They are totally unmotivated.

Huskerguymike01 and huskermike like this.
  13. HuskerWeatherman

All things Tim Miles has never been capable of coaching. It's basically beating a rotting horse corpse at this point.

As I've said before, Miles is the single worst head coach in the history of Nebraska basketball.

But -- today, it's not like I expected anything other than the results. 90-95 out of a 100 teams aren't going to beat Purdue in West Lafayette. There were so many other games that we could have or should have won ... resulting in me having zero emotion or final analysis about today's loss.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  14. huskermike

huskermike Cyber Traveler 10 Year Member

I think we've had worse;
    Slo' Mo, Collier, Sadler, Mike Riley, etc. We've had our share. I wanted Miles gone 2 seasons ago and debated ColoRedo on his coaching 'tweeting'. so, last year I stayed silent and it looked like Miles was going to get straightened out. Well, this season shows me, we should have found a new coach at that time.

Oh, and speaking of Riley, this may have been posted elsewhere, he's now the head coach of the San Antonio Commanders of the AAF - Alliance of American Football. Why would anyone want a coach that teaches how to accept losing? Go find a coach that promotes winning.

Ackos likes this.
  15. LarstheRed

As much as I despised Moe, he won at a higher percentage than Miles. He won nearly 60% of all games, and 54% in conference.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    djlhuskerfan likes this.