1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

MBB Game #24, (L, 81-62), Sat, 2/9 @ Purdue, (#10), (16-6) (9-2), 7:30pm CT, BTN

Discussion in 'Men's Basketball' started by Red Don, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Red Don

Red Don Water Boy 5 Year Member

Huskers (13-10) (3-9) KenPom ranking #33 @2/8/19 -
    (#38 Pre-Season)

Next-Up:
    Sat, 2/9 @ Purdue, (#10 kp), (16-6) (9-2), 7:30pm CT, BTN

Huskers Travel to No. 15 Purdue Saturday Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:Hooray: LET'S GO HUSKERS!!! :Pirate: !!! :Pirate: BEAT THE 'BOILERMAKERS' !!!!! :Hooray:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o Huskers Game Page:
    http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211789762

o VIDEO: BTN - https://www.btn2go.com/channel/btnlive
    Announcers: Kevin Kugler; Analysis: Jon Crispin

o Audio Links: (Satellite Radio: Sirius: 105 XM: 384 Internet: 975)

(TuneIn: https://tunein.com/radio/Husker-IMG-Sports-Network-s230240/?_branch_match_id=586027771734753162)
    (Huskers.com: http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100
    Kent Pavelka & Jake Muhleisen on the Call

o Live Game Stats:
    https://purduesports.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

o Game Notes: http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5482447.pdf
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Husker men's basketball team looks for its second road win at a nationally ranked opponent as Nebraska travels to No. 15/15 Purdue.

The Huskers (13-10, 3-9 Big Ten) look to regroup following a 60-45 loss to No. 24 Maryland on Wednesday. The Huskers held Maryland to its third-lowest offensive total of the season, but NU struggled from the field, hitting a season-low 21 percent from the floor against the Terrapins, including 4-of-17 from 3-point range. During the six-game losing streak, NU has averaged just 58.8 points per game after averaging 78.5 points per game during the first 17 contests.

Isaiah Roby posted his second double-double of the season with 20 points , a career-high 14 rebounds and a season-high five blocked shots. Roby has become a go-to performer after the season-ending injury to Isaac Copeland, averaging 15.7 points, 10.3 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game in the last three contests. The performance is noteworthy as it has come against two of the Big Ten's best big men in Ethan Happ and Bruno Fernando.

SCOUTING PURDUE

Purdue (16-6, 9-2 Big Ten) has been on a roll over the last month. The Boilermakers have won seven straight and have been off since a 73-63 win over Minnesota. The Huskers will look to end Purdue's 13-game home win streak dating back to last season.

Junior guard Carsen Edwards has been Purdue's offensive catalyst, as he leads the Big Ten in scoring at 24.5 ppg, while topping the team in assists (3.5 apg) and steals (1.7 spg). Edwards has been in double figures all 22 games and has five 30-point games, including a season-high 40 at Texas. Senior Ryan Cline averages 12.9 ppg and has 75 3-pointers while shooting over 44 percent from beyond the arc. Freshman Trevion Williams has provided the inside game during Purdue's hot stretch, as he has five double-figure efforts in the Boilermakers' last eight games after having one in the first 14 games. In Big Ten play, Williams and Matt Haarms combine for over 16 points and 10 rebounds per game.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ackos

Ackos Heisman 15 Year Member

PU is playing about as well as anybody in the country. 11 straight wins at home, 7 straight wins in conference. And 10 of its last 11.

3. Nebugeater

Nebugeater Scout Team 15 Year Member

So... Huskers win ??? ;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. BGRed

BGRed Starter 15 Year Member

The Men's team needs to watch the Women's team tape for their recent game at Purdue. Blew out a higher ranked team on the road through team play and energetic play.

Red Don likes this.
  5. Diboy

Diboy Recruit 10 Year Member

I would love to see some killer hustle on defense all day. Hopefully that will lead to some offense and get them out of their own heads. Have some fun and push Purdue!

Jack Riggins and Red Don like this.
  6. djlhuskerfan

djlhuskerfan Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Probably be the one we win!! Really make those losses to lesser teams really sting

huskermike and HUSKER HOT SAUCE like this.
  7. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

HUSKER HOT SAUCE Music Soothes My Soul 5 Year Member

I will be shocked, surprised, happy and displeased, if we are within in 10 points at the end of this game, simply because I am done with Miles as the Huskers HC. I also hope we beat Purdue, just because. I can't in good faith, ever root for the Huskers to lose. GBR!!!

8. BGRed

BGRed Starter 15 Year Member

9. Jack Riggins

Jack Riggins Stay Calm, and Carry On Husker Nation

GameDay....Go Big Red! Tough opponent, Tough times, but never too late to shine!

huskermike likes this.
  10. Shadow of the Dome

Shadow of the Dome Recruit 2 Year Member

11. Shadow of the Dome

Shadow of the Dome Recruit 2 Year Member

I should've went to the game as I'm blaming myself for our skid. Went and saw them at IU & well you know the rest.......:Facepalm:

12. FullbackTrap

FullbackTrap Red Shirt 5 Year Member

I will be pleasantly surprised if Nebraska gets to 63 points

13. carrolltonsker

carrolltonsker Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

14. carrolltonsker

Five minutes left in the Minnesota-Penn St. hockey match. PSU is drilling the Gophers.

15. carrolltonsker

Great! They are reviewing an offsides in the hockey match. 3:17 left.