• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #21, (W, 72-52), Thu, 1/18 vs Michigan (#18) (16-4) (5-2), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

I think that's the first time I've heard an opposing coach talk like that about our husker basketball team. About Damn time!

I think that's the first time I've heard an opposing coach talk like that about our husker basketball team. About Damn time!

First time in a long time that I feel like this might be a "team" instead of one or two really talented guys that the rest of the guys stand around and watch. (at least offensively).

Tom Izzo has always been complimentary of the Huskers, and Bo Ryan, before he retired. Izzo, Bo, and now John Beilein are my three favorite (opposing) B1G coaches. :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

Kent and Miles said on the post-game that basically the top 3 home environments were last night, PBA game 1 against FGCU, and No-Sit-Sunday against Wisconsin that same season.

From someone who was at the game: "Husker Power" was alive and well last night.

(
All-Devaney_ph34r.png
Jean must not have been there. Or was she the one covering her ears!)

What was the chant that kept coming up in the second half? I couldn't make it out over the tv.

The students were chanting "Wagner". Miles even said that he was joining the chant at one point.

Were they pronouncing it as Wagner or Vagner? On the radio during the game they were saying Vagner and the same now on the bucknuts & rodents game on BTN. I guess I misspelled it earlier in the thread.

Were they pronouncing it as Wagner or Vagner? On the radio during the game they were saying Vagner and the same now on the bucknuts & rodents game on BTN. I guess I misspelled it earlier in the thread.
He is from Germany, so it is spelled with a 'W' but pronounced like a 'V'. His first name is Moritz, BTW.

I've heard his name pronounced "More-eats Vogner".

Last edited:

At the game, it sounded like they were chanting "Wagner". I wondered at the time--Were they intentionally mispronouncing it, because college kids are clever and funny, or did they not know it's really "Vogner", because they are dumb-ass college kids. Either way, I was good with it!

They were chanting "Wagner" not "Vahgnehr". I found it funny that they were mispronouncing it, and I got the fuddyduddies in my section to chant it for a bit. The students were even chanting it during our free-throws which was kind of odd.

My son finally got to watch this game against Michigan last night. For teaching him more about the game, this one was really good on the defensive end with all of the switching. He made a comment that Nebraska could have won by more if they would block out and get some more defensive rebounds. That's music to a former coach's ears. :nod:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back