• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #18, (L, 70-64), Thu, 1/17 vs Michigan State (#3) (15-2) (6-0), @ PBA, 7:00pm CT, FS1

I agree. I think the missing pieces in last nights game was bench strength and a true big. I was pleasantly surprised with how the hung with MSU. Great effort.
While UNL doesn't have a "true" big, the reason they are as good as they are is that they don't have several "untrue" bigs that create problems for the "true" bigs on the other team. I think we'll have to accept that they will get as far as they get because they are playing with 3 larger small forwards. :Huskerflag:

Official Box Score:

upload_2019-1-18_12-51-56.png
upload_2019-1-18_12-55-29.png

The 6-pt difference, IMO, in addition to MSU power and consistency in their offense, was the player for MSU who took, and hit, his first 3-pointer of the season, after a strong defensive stand by DONU.

Also, early in the game, one of their players hit a 3 late in shot clock for their 1st points. He shoots 25% from 3.

the margin was very slim, but hats off to MSU. They are something else. Good effort on the defensive end.

As for the legs of the team, with only limited guys who can come in and give quality minutes, do you think they run less on their practice days? I fear the starting 5 will be completely shot come the end of the season.

I think the effort was there on defense. MSU got a lot of open looks and buckets but I think a lot of hat is just Izzo and his excellent offensive spacing.

Nebraska's next two opponents lost at home last night...Rutgers to Northwestern and Ohio State to Maryland. Hoping the team takes that defensive intensity on the road to the east coast Monday night.

I think the effort was there on defense. MSU got a lot of open looks and buckets but I think a lot of hat is just Izzo and his excellent offensive spacing.

MSU has an outstanding PG who can not only score, but also directs the action that gets multiple scoring threats involved. Izzo's best teams always seem to have a PG of this ilk ... and this appears to be one of his better scoring teams, too. Nebraska was salty on defense and it not only kept them in the game as its leading scorer flailed away from the field, the effort gave them a chance to win it.

Gotta win the next one, and a win vs. OSU looms pretty important right now.

As for the legs of the team, with only limited guys who can come in and give quality minutes, do you think they run less on their practice days? I fear the starting 5 will be completely shot come the end of the season.

I tend to agree with you. At one point though, I heard them say on the radio that, we had all 4 freshmen in the game at the same time in the 2nd half. I didn't catch who was in with them. At the time, I thought it was good idea and now reading your post I feel it even more so.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back