• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #17, (L, 91-85), SAT, 1/14 @ MICHIGAN, 1:00 pm CST, BTN

I don't know what it is about Michigan, but every time we've played them since we joined the Big 10, we always get worked by the stripes. I don't know if it's the name across their chest or what, but it's a lot like Kansas in the Big 12, only at least Kansas is aggressive. We were plenty aggressive, we had over 40 points in the paint. The two calls we did get bailed out on, literally on the following plays, Michigan got some phantom compensation call.

There were 4 or 5 times in the 2nd half that we came within a possession. Had we been able to get over that hump, I bet Michigan would have broke. We couldn't get get there though because everytime we got close, Michigan just hit a dagger.

The loss of Morrow is just huge, he would have ate that team up inside. Roby and Jordy are just thinking too much, they just have to play and trust their instincts. Fuller gave us some quality minutes.

Michigan's a good offensive team, but our defense was poor today. We left far too many shooters open.

Nebraska has Ohio State and Rutgers next. If they want to make a run, they need to go 2-0.

ya. we missed morrow on defense today. and my goodness, at some point if you are Jacobsen, you have to learn who you are guarding. i realize the need to play help defense, but he was helping off WAY too far, and letting his man pop for wide open 3's. after the 4th 3, i would have expected him to get into "face guard" mode a bit more then he was.

all in all, the team showed better then i would have expected with Morrow out. bummer that they lost but there is still hope there.

Watson, at this point, might be second team. Kid is good, and getting better. Has a tendency to disappear at times, but very solid sophomore and a key player for Nebraska.

Agree. Watson may very well develop into NBA draft potential before his career at Nebraska is over.

Finally, watched the game tonight on DVR with my son and didn't read the entire thread. This could have been another road victory. If only they could have taken the lead in the second half...really need to contest those threes. The other team's open threes really hurt again today.

Webster is a driving freak, right now. Speedy recovery to Morrow.

The lack of Morrow inside was really the difference in the game, if he is there and gets his 10 and 8 they win the game.

Finally, watched the game tonight on DVR with my son and didn't read the entire thread. This could have been another road victory. If only they could have taken the lead in the second half...really need to contest those threes. The other team's open threes really hurt again today.

Webster is a driving freak, right now. Speedy recovery to Morrow.

I'd like to see Miles consider running a little box and 1 when we have someone just torching us from the arc. I know it's only good in short spurts, but we could cool someone before they get in a serious rhythm.

I'd like to see Miles consider running a little box and 1 when we have someone just torching us from the arc. I know it's only good in short spurts, but we could cool someone before they get in a serious rhythm.
I used to use run that when I was coaching basketball. It can be effective against the hot hand.

In the second half when Nebraska looked beat down and tired, bringing Fuller in was a great move. He added a bit of energy to a team that just looked like they were barely hanging on.

I hope they have someone who can do that next year after he's gone.

Tai looked tired most of the game but really put on a show in the second half with some of those drives. Also he fell down because he was out of control. I'm willing to take that at this point. :)

I used to use run that when I was coaching basketball. It can be effective against the hot hand.
It's tricky, because sometimes you can just open a can of worms freeing up someone else who gets hot. The key is, whether we are running zone or man, you have to be aware of where the hot shooter is. I am amazed how often we give huge space to someone who is hurting us from outside. One step closer can be the difference. Make the pass a little tougher, force the shot to leave his hands a little quicker. Sometimes that's all it takes.

It's tricky, because sometimes you can just open a can of worms freeing up someone else who gets hot. The key is, whether we are running zone or man, you have to be aware of where the hot shooter is. I am amazed how often we give huge space to someone who is hurting us from outside. One step closer can be the difference. Make the pass a little tougher, force the shot to leave his hands a little quicker. Sometimes that's all it takes.
All true. Whatever happens, can't let anyone be that wide open that consistently.

Didn't get to see the game and only saw the box score afterward because I was out of town but it seemed as though the Huskers traded blows pretty well with UM but couldn't quite get over the hump. I was worried that without Morrow there might be some type of emotional letdown when things went south but we didn't get run off the court so that was good to see.

Beat OSU!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back