• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #16, (W, 70-64), Thu, 1/10 vs Penn State (#60) (7-8) (0-4), @ PBA, 8:00pm CT, ESPN2

Roby is so good.

Is it just me, or does the team look uninterested, uninspired, something's off.

Should have never lost to Maryland, and now they manage a lackluster home win. They've looked off since the Creighton win, IMO.

Agree. They've had a lot of good things said about them. I wonder if they believed too much of it....... or feel the pressure to live up to it.

Last edited:
I thought Roby finished with a career high 20, the final stats sheet say he finished with 22. That's interesting. I wonder what the real number is, hopefully, it's the 22 just because.

I thought Roby finished with a career high 20, the final stats sheet say he finished with 22. That's interesting. I wonder what the real number is, hopefully, it's the 22 just because.

It’s 22 he was at 18 and then he made 4 free throws down the stretch.

That was a good gut it out win. Roby was huge he needs to be more like they every game. PSU is a really solid defensive team. Build on the win.

Minus 14 on the boards. PSU with 21 (!) offensive rebounds. All those second, third and fourth shots made for a game that was far closer than it should have been. That's the difference between feeling good about the game and feeling like it was a lackluster effort. The other stats all look pretty good. Sometimes it's just the way the ball bounces but it felt like we didn't give the same effort on the glass Penn State did.

Last edited:

Could it be 'just because' you are Behind the Times, Sir? ;)

If I’m playing the Huskers, I’m definitely working on variations of zone defenses. It’s becoming very apparent that we tend to struggle with zones. Copeland is a huge asset using his midrange jumper in the gaps, but we aren’t finding him enough. Palmer can’t adjust to them, and plays the same as if he’s being covered man to man. Zones are easy to beat if you play smart and recognize where the open shots can come. It’s also important to actually be ready to shoot when you flash into those areas, so bouncing the ball like we aren’t sure it has air in it, is a waste of a good opportunity.

Just got back from the game. Crowd was as expected: meh. I don't know what Palmer is thinking, but his attempts to "get going" pretty much killed every run that Nebraska was able to start. So glad Watson can step up when needed. And Roby was great. After I realized that "Coach" wasn't going to sub in the second half, I figured Nebraska was a lock to go to overtime. Also Watson and Roby probably would have fouled out. Should mention that Copeland and Allen played hard. Really like Allen's defense latley. Playing Amir Harris for 4 minutes guarantees he won't redshirt, and he looked too skinny, almost gaunt, to me. Most of the game seemed to happen instead of being managed. I guess i'm hard to please.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Minus 14 on the boards. PSU with 21 (!) offensive rebounds. All those second, third and fourth shots made for a game that was far closer than it should have been. That's the difference between feeling good about the game and feeling like it was a lackluster effort. The other stats all look pretty good. Sometimes it's just the way the ball bounces but it felt like we didn't give the same effort on the glass Penn State did.

We have always had problems controlling rebounds. I see a lot of slow-reacting bodies when it comes to fighting, and getting rebounds. It's as if we aren't tough enough under the boards. Miles needs to work harder on that!

If I’m playing the Huskers, I’m definitely working on variations of zone defenses. It’s becoming very apparent that we tend to struggle with zones. Copeland is a huge asset using his midrange jumper in the gaps, but we aren’t finding him enough. Palmer can’t adjust to them, and plays the same as if he’s being covered man to man. Zones are easy to beat if you play smart and recognize where the open shots can come. It’s also important to actually be ready to shoot when you flash into those areas, so bouncing the ball like we aren’t sure it has air in it, is a waste of a good opportunity.
Completely agree. That's exactly what frustrated me about Palmer. Roby and Copeland should be able to take advantage of zones if they get to those spots.

2 things are glaring to me.

1 - We arent playing D with the kind of intensity I've seen NU teams play with in the past, nor the kind of intensity needed to compete at as high of level that I know we want to.

2 - rebounding is effort. WE are at a disadvantage with our height, so we have to put in extra effort to rebound. Not happening.

I guess effort as a whole on the D is therefor the problem! Solve that and we are a top 20 team. I do think it hurts we dont get more production from the bench but now sure we cna change that. And this team is so go 1 through 5 that we can have it all. A little more help from Annen and eventually Amir and Heimann would be nice

With said, you can change effort.....This team has a chance to start peaking soon and if that happens the magical season we want as fans is still very possible

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back