• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #16, (L, 74-66), SUN, 1/8 vs NORTHWESTERN @ PBA, 1:15 pm CST, BTN

NU
Field Goals 43.1%(25-58)
3-Point FGs 37.5%(6-16)
Free Throws 76.9%(10-13)
Rebounds 30(12-18)

NW
Field Goals 51%(25-49)
3-Point FGs 45.8%(11-24)
Free Throws 92.9%(13-14)
Rebounds 30(7-23)

Last edited:

Huskers were sketchy on offense today. Also didn't do a great job of closing down Northwestern's three point shooter. Wonder if there was still some hangover from the Iowa game the other night?

Still a great start to conference play despite the loss.

Tough loss but it was tight. Morrow only 2 rebounds and Watson only 6 points.

Gotta bounce back against Michigan.

Good run, but sometimes those double OTs take a little out of a team. Watson didn't have the bounce in his legs, and we didn't look quite as aggressive defensively. I think I might have gone box and 1 at least a few times down the court to try to cool that kid down a bit. I still don't like zones, but we were getting stung by one player, and their inside game was also using some matchup advantages.

Not going to win all of them. Give credit to Northwestern today, very efficient on offense and Nebraska was too streaky. Growing pains, right?

Impressed with Jacobsen today, I may have been wrong about him.

I didn't see the first half, but what I did watch in the second half, the guys looked tired. It seemed the rotation was very short today. Morrow needs to not reach, sometimes the post player gets the ball. We'll see a similar team in Purdue. Need to have someone doubleteam in the post to throw them off. Webster has such a big heart! Jacobsen played well!

Wonder if there was still some hangover from the Iowa game the other night?
I was wondering this before the game.

Good run, but sometimes those double OTs take a little out of a team.
That they do.

I didn't see the first half, but what I did watch in the second half, the guys looked tired.
Yeah, I think they ran out of steam. As HuskerRef posted though, "Still a great start to conference play despite the loss."

I :Clap: the effort today.

That's exactly why gutting out that Iowa game for a win was so important, I had a feeling that today would be tough. They were tired today, lacked energy.

Northwestern won this game more than Nebraska lost it. NW going 11 for 24 from deep was just a killer. Some of that was on Nebraska over-helping on defense and not locating shooters in transition, most of it is Northwestern being Northwestern. They are well coached, good offensive concept, great spacing, outstanding ball movement, etc. They had a great defensive game plan, really focused on keeping Tai from inserting his will on the dribble-drive.

Horne only scored 2 points, which I knew if he didn't generate offense in this game we would struggle. Only played 7 minutes, reverted back to poor defense and missed several assignments in that short time. McVeigh capitalized, hit two big threes, I'm hoping he got some of his confidence back and can be a threat again. Jordy did okay but he left some points out there. He had the ball deep near the cylinder a few times and couldn't convert. He's 6'11" with a freak wingspan, he needs to have the mindset that he's either going to dunk or get fouled when he has the ball that close. Taylor had a nice game, wish he started to do that on the regular.

Tai and Jacobson were warriors today. Jacobson has a little Bruce Chubick in him, so glad Nebraska took a shot on him. Morrow in foul trouble all game hurt us bad although his two blocks on those would-be dunks were ridiculous. Morrow's mentality is all about physicality, but he's got to find a way to get less fouls, it seems he always gets 2 silly fouls every game.

Those last couple of minutes in the 1st half were incredible, I've never see anything like it. As soon as Tai put that up I just knew it was going in....brought the house down. For Northwestern not to be intimidated by that speaks volumes about their team. Even when Nebraska extended their lead in the 2nd half, Northwestern didn't even blink.

Also, I want to add that Chris Collins is a hell of a coach. If something were to ever happen to Miles, Collins is someone who I would go after...hard, and with a lot of cash. I don't care if it's a dick move because he's in our conference, the guy is going places.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back