• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #15, (W, 93-90, 2nd OT), THU, 1/5 vs IOWA @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN (PACK THE VAULT)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

LETS PACK 'THE VAULT' TONIGHT - IT'LL BE THE WARMEST PLACE IN TOWN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO
:Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huskers (8-6) (2-0) KenPom ranking #83 (@ 1/4/17)

Next-up:
Thu, 1/5 vs Iowa (#75) (9-6), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN
(What's Next?? :Drool:- After 'Assembly Hall' & Maryland :Hooray: :Bow:)

HUSKERS WIN 93-90 IN 2-OT THRILLER, DESPITE OFFICIALS IN WORST OFFICIATED GAME EVER!
(when did they allow Karl Hess back in the officiating Ranks?)

Huskers Top Hawkeyes in Double Overtime, 93-90
DPEQLRRVTADAXIC.20161218212828.JPG

Glynn Watson Jr. finished with a career-high 34 points against the Hawkeyes.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211395031
upload_2017-1-6_11-48-52.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:Shout:LET'S GO HUSKERS :Shout: BEAT THE HAWKEYES :Shout:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MGBZPYNOIYBPVCG.20161221035820.JPG

Ed Morrow Jr. and the Huskers take on Iowa Thursday evening.

Links: Game Page, Audio/Visual & Live Game Stats

o Huskers Game Page:
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211391493&DB_OEM_ID=100

o TV: BTN
(Live Stream: BTN2Go: http://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0)
(Kevin Kugler and Stephen Bardo announcing)

o Audio Link:
http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&DB_OEM_ID=100
(Kent Pavelka & Matt Davison on the Call)

o Live Game Stats
(if available): http://www.huskers.com//liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&DB'_OEM_ID=100
or (may not be available)
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/date/20170105
(click on NCAA Div I, scroll down to Husker's Game, click 'Box Score' at game time)

o Line:
Huskers are favored by 2 1/2 pts (basically homecourt advantage)

o Game Notes:
http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5170707.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Huskers will look for their first 3-0 conference start in more than four decades following road wins at No. 16 Indiana and at Maryland last week.

SCOUTING IOWA

http://www.cornnation.com/2017/1/5/14174080/nebrasketball-iowa-hawkeye-preview
They are a team that is heavily dependent on the offensive side of the ball. Their defense is what has gotten them into trouble for most of the season. It hasn’t been hard for decent teams to score well against them. However, they seem to have cleaned some of that up the last few games. Their last win in overtime against a then 11-3 Michigan team was a huge step for the squad.
Leading the team is senior Peter Jok. Jok has been a major player for the Hawkeyes for quite some time and is their main scorer on the court. He is currently averaging 22.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 2.3 apg. He will be the main target on the team and Nebraska will have to keep a constant eye on him throughout the night.
Tyler Cook is a freshman forward who has only played 8 games but is averaging 13.1 ppg and 5.3 rpg. His game is raw but is improving as time goes on. Keep this name in the back of your head as you will probably be hearing it a lot in the future.

Cordell Pemsl is another freshman who has done well for the Hawkeyes. While his defense needs some work his shooting definitely doesn’t, hitting 67% from the floor. He is averaging 9.8 ppg and 5.3 rpg.
this is a young Hawkeye team. Something we are not use to seeing from Iowa City. This should bode well for the Huskers. If Nebraska can get out early and play aggressive like they have been then they should win this game. The Hawkeyes’ lack of defense will give the Huskers ample time to get out of the scoring droughts we are so use to seeing. Nebraska’s defense is good enough to keep he Hawkeyes from scoring too much. In the end, it will most likely depend on who has the better defense to win this game.

The Huskers have limited their last two opponents to 39 percent shooting and held both teams below their season scoring averages.

Tai Webster comes off his first-ever Big Ten Player of the Week award, as he averaged 19.5 points, 3.5 assists, 3.0 steals and 3.0 rebounds per game in helping NU to a 2-0 Big Ten start with wins over No. 16 Indiana and Maryland. He keyed NU's comeback at Maryland with 18 points, including the Huskers' final seven points in a 67-65 win.

Sophomore Ed Morrow Jr. has enjoyed a breakout season. One of the "Five Most Improved Players" in the Big Ten by BTN analyst Shon Morris, Morrow has raised his scoring average from 4.1 points to 10.4 points per game on 55 percent shooting, while ranking among the Big Ten leaders with 8.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game. Morrow comes into the Iowa game ranked sixth in the Big Ten in rebounding, ninth in blocked shots and 14th in field goal percentage.

Glynn Watson Jr. has continued his emergence as one of the best young guards in the Big Ten. The 6-foot sophomore enters the Iowa game averaging 13.9 points, 2.9 assists and a Big Ten-best 2.2 steals per game. Watson comes from a basketball family, as his older brother Demetri McCamey was a first-team All-Big Ten performer at Illinois, but has quickly made his own name at Nebraska.

Key Match-ups:

Peter Jok/ Tai Webster
Tyler Cook/Ed Morrow (or whoever is against him)

upload_2017-1-4_14-6-30.png

upload_2017-1-4_14-8-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-4_14-7-56.png
    upload_2017-1-4_14-7-56.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Pretty even matchup according the KenPom...but the type of game the Huskers have to win or all of the momentum from the two great road wins will be obliterated.

Huge game tonight. in the past, this is a game the Huskers drop after a big win. Hopefully the weather doesn't keep the masses from packing the Vault, don't care much for the 8pm tip, either...
It is almost tradition to lay an egg after a big win for Husker basketball. I think people need to remember that while Iowa isn't the same caliber as Indiana and Maryland, they are considered a pretty even matchup. That said, a loss would be very disappointing for sure.

It is almost tradition to lay an egg after a big win for Husker basketball. I think people need to remember that while Iowa isn't the same caliber as Indiana and Maryland, they are considered a pretty even matchup. That said, a loss would be very disappointing for sure.
It would be a letdown. I'm interested in seeing how they come out to begin the game. In fact, it's time to begin a new tradition.

I just saw Lunardi's Bracketology in the first week of January. Right now, NU is listed in next four out with Ohio State. Obviously, only two games into the conference schedule, but wouldn't have seen that before Christmas. Please tell me that Lunardi didn't have one of these then.

It would be a letdown. I'm interested in seeing how they come out to begin the game. In fact, it's time to begin a new tradition.

I just saw Lunardi's Bracketology in the first week of January. Right now, NU is listed in next four out with Ohio State. Obviously, only two games into the conference schedule, but wouldn't have seen that before Christmas. Please tell me that Lunardi didn't have one of these then.
That &^$#$% Gardner Webb game.:mad:

That &^$#$% Gardner Webb game.:mad:
Indeed! Also, thanks for adding the Gardner to that. I know a few people who have the second half of that school's name as a last name. I would hate to get...for them to think you were mad at them.

NU is a 3 point favorite so yes...those that make those lines consider them fairly even.

Realtimerpi.com predicts an 8 point NU win.

It might surprise some to know that, according to RPI, Iowa and....INDIANA are the two worst teams in the Big 10. realitime's predictor has them going 7-11 in the Big 10. There's a reason why crean isn't well liked there. They get talent to the extent that they can beat Kansas (RPI 1) and UNC (17)....yet now they are tanking. I don't pay close enough attention to them to know if they have some major injuries. You'd think a team that can beat KU and UNC wouldn't reach a point where their only wins in the last month are against Delaware St (310) and Austin Peay (256)

Come selection Sunday there likely won't be any reference to Indiana as a "good win". Therefore NU must sweep teams like Iowa most of the rest of the bottom of the league. Indiana and Maryland going on a tear would help immensely as NU doesn't have to face them again.

I hate to say tonight's game is a defining game. There's too many games in a season to say that. But, it's pretty darn big. This is a game NU needs to win. Because it is very winnable. And a lot of the momentum and national (and local) respect earned by winning the first two conference games on the road would be forgotten if we were to lose at home to Iowa. It's time to prove solid wins aren't just an anomaly.

I hate to say tonight's game is a defining game. There's too many games in a season to say that. But, it's pretty darn big. This is a game NU needs to win. Because it is very winnable. And a lot of the momentum and national (and local) respect earned by winning the first two conference games on the road would be forgotten if we were to lose at home to Iowa. It's time to prove solid wins aren't just an anomaly.
Agree totally. In fact, this team has a chance to start 3-0 in conference play tonight which possibly hasn't happened since 1916. I know it hasn't happened in the last 20 years because I looked. Build that confidence all while realizing there is more work to do. The last week of non-con should not be forgotten...learned from, but not forgotten.

Agree totally. In fact, this team has a chance to start 3-0 in conference play tonight which possibly hasn't happened since 1916. I know it hasn't happened in the last 20 years because I looked. Build that confidence all while realizing there is more work to do. The last week of non-con should not be forgotten...learned from, but not forgotten.

That's interesting. I did check out the 1990-91 season (best NU season ever -- I was in the student section... started 2-1 ... then 4-1 ... but not 3-0).

That's interesting. I did check out the 1990-91 season (best NU season ever -- I was in the student section... started 2-1 ... then 4-1 ... but not 3-0).
I saw that when I looked the other day. If I didn't choose to run in college, I would have been there with you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back