• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #15, (L, 93-84), Sun, 1/6 @ Iowa (#44) (11-3) (0-3), 4:30pm CT, BTN

we let bohanon get the inbounds pass. he won't miss... why are we not doubling and denying him?

The team better figure out how to play against a zone. Too many times just holding the ball, not moving it around much, and then trying to make things happen once the shot clock gets down to 10.

Forcing this team to rely on jump shots (which they are all too willing to do) is how you defeat it. There will be nights where Nebraska shoots it well and makes enough to win, but this team does not get enough rebounds against big/long opposing teams to rely on a game that doesn't include getting to the line.

iowa makes both, pulls bohanon. 93-82. palmer banks in a layup, iowa dribbles it out.

93-84.

Poor defensive effort

Thankk goodness I DVRd the game and didnt waste my time on this game. Very sad to start 1-3 in the BIG. Amazing that Iowa shot 30 free throws. Thats an awful lot of them. Their zone D hurt us crazy 2night.

I think sometimes Palmer tries to do too much, sometimes Watson too. I like Copeland as the quiet leader, if they'd look for him at crunch time...

Another ugly loss. I get it's a long season but this team continues to suffer from the same issues and there doesn't seem to be much effort to improve them.....

Forcing this team to rely on jump shots (which they are all too willing to do) is how you defeat it. There will be nights where Nebraska shoots it well and makes enough to win, but this team does not get enough rebounds against big/long opposing teams to rely on a game that doesn't include getting to the line.
When they moved the ball, they were able to attack the zone. I know it's a long season, so they can go on a run. But this game was today, and it was frustrating to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back