• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #14, (W, 67-65) SUN (New Years Day), 1/1/17, @ MARYLAND, 11:00 am BTN

Congrats to the team and Tim Miles. Even though they are short handed, their hard work its paying off. Love this team. Now let's use this momentum for some more wins and recruiting!

We need a another big and a couple three point shooters and this team could really be good in a year or two
This team is ready to be really good if McVeigh could find his stroke. Jordy is green, but if Jake plays with the passion near the rim as he has, along with Morrow, we're pretty good right now.

Jacobson really played well. VERY hard work inside. We still need a stronger presence from behind the 3 point line from someone other than our point guard. That would allow Morrow a little more free space to tear down the rim

Horne is helping in that area I think. If you look at Horne's better outside scoring games, that seemed to translate into easier opportunities for Morrow. Jacobson is better facing the basket than with his back to it, so he needs to continue crashing the boards and playing D, but he needs to keep facing up and shooting on the perimeter. Robey is such a great X factor with his size, length and speed. I really like this core group.

Was an exciting game to watch! Not sure who to give the credit to, but the biggest positive the last couple games is the staff making in game adjustments. Playing more uptempo against IU and then switching to the zone against Maryland. Coach Miles doesn't like zone, but someone convinced him to try it. Glad to see the staff making changes. Also, the roster has really shortened up lately. The staff used the OOC schedule to see who they could count on, and now we see the benefit of it. Some games, they'll need to go deeper in the bench, but for now consistency is helping.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back