• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #10, (W, 94-75), Sat, 12/8 vs Creighton (#30), (6-2) @ PBA, 5:00pm CT, BTN

I thought they may have learned from the Minnesota game. It seemed like they got a little "Lazy" at the end of the Minny game. It wasn't a burst of scoring by Minnesota. It seemed that the Huskers were moving past the game because they had it won. With Creighton they kept the energy for the entire game to finish the BJs. I think they learned a little. It was a great win and will be a great season.

My son is a sophomore at Creighton. He wasn't able to make the game but one of his Fraternity brothers was and said Nebraska has way better fans than Creighton. I've been going to Husker games for a long time and that was definitely one of the loudest I've been to. Interesting side note. Even though my kid is a Creighton student he is still torn of which team to root for when Nebraska plays Creighton. He grew up cheering for the Big Red and that's hard to change. He said the atmosphere at Creighton games is just okay which is disappointing because he thought it would be better.

My son is a sophomore at Creighton. He wasn't able to make the game but one of his Fraternity brothers was and said Nebraska has way better fans than Creighton. I've been going to Husker games for a long time and that was definitely one of the loudest I've been to. Interesting side note. Even though my kid is a Creighton student he is still torn of which team to root for when Nebraska plays Creighton. He grew up cheering for the Big Red and that's hard to change. He said the atmosphere at Creighton games is just okay which is disappointing because he thought it would be better.

Sorry. I promise I only hit the post reply button once. :)

I’ve been to a few Creighton games. It can get pretty loud in there for a big game. I’m not sure it’s on the same level as the PBA though. If it’s not a big game the Creighton atmosphere is pretty tame, at least in my experience.

Just a couple things...

When Thomas Allen is a threat, our starting lineup is damn near impossible to defend. He can take people off the dribble, drive, shoot, and distribute the ball. It’s starting to click for him, I hope the last two games are a sign of consistency. 18 points, 5 boards, and 4 assists along with some pretty stout defense. I don’t expect that every night, but if he can consistently score 10 points as the 5th option, we are going to be damn good. Also, he played the most minutes out of any player on the floor last night. Warrior!

Nana may have only had 3 points, but when he came flying from the baseline, dove, and beat two Creighton players (who were much closer) to the ball, it showed how important the game was to Nebraska. Just a great play.

Amir was out with strep throat and it threw off our rotation a bit. Ballock got a lot of open looks against our rotation. I have little doubt Amir would have drawn Ballock when he was in there. I think some of those shots would have been challenged a bit better. Anyway, I hope he gets healthy and is good to go for Okie State.

The “Greg’s a cheater chant” was loud as hell and consistently shouted throughout the game. The crowd was energized from start to finish. The decibel level was crazy. The PBA is so difficult to play at, I will be suprised if we lose a game there this year.

I’ve been to a few Creighton games. It can get pretty loud in there for a big game. I’m not sure it’s on the same level as the PBA though. If it’s not a big game the Creighton atmosphere is pretty tame, at least in my experience.
Big games definitely help. I'm going to the CU vs Villanova game with my son and I'm guessing it will be rocking. The Illinois game wasn't exactly our most rowdy crowd but Illinois has a way of mucking a game up. Still way better than the old days at Bob Devaney/Lincoln Library.

Big games definitely help. I'm going to the CU vs Villanova game with my son and I'm guessing it will be rocking. The Illinois game wasn't exactly our most rowdy crowd but Illinois has a way of mucking a game up. Still way better than the old days at Bob Devaney/Lincoln Library.
Are you referring to "Dead Dog Alley"???!? I may still have a T-shirt.

"SIT DOWN NORM!"

I can just tell from TV that the PBA gets rocking quite a bit better than the Clink. CU students just don't cut the mustard. I'm not sure having them behind the basket matters much...i do wish they'd put them behind the bench but...$$. For a lot of games the CU students are numbering in the dozens. For conference games and "big games" it does get significantly better but it's still 100s.

Not sure how many students show up for husker games but on TV it looks like quite a few. I suspect NU/PBA do more to encourage noise as well. Anytime there's a stoppage of play at a CU game there's some sort of stupid advertising gimick..."shell game", dance cam, 1st national show your card, etc. On rare occasions they'll play a pump up video toward the end of a tight game but mostly it's about making money on every time-out.

Some of that is connected to Creighton’s success. They’ve been OK the last couple of years, but not as strong as some of the prior.

Some of that is connected to Creighton’s success. They’ve been OK the last couple of years, but not as strong as some of the prior. Winning and volume go hand in hand.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back