• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #10, (W, 78-68), Tue, 12/5 vs Minnesota (#23) (8-1), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

Fans rushing the court :Facepalm:

Kids. To be fair, they haven't had the experience of UNL beating KU, Chubick blocking a dunk from behind at the buzzer, the win in overtime... THAT's a reason to rush the court. :)

I didn't stay up for the game, but when I saw that we won, I was hoping the students didn't storm the court. I am fine with rushing the court when you have a REALLY big win. But rushing the court against an over ranked (but good) Minnesota team is bush league.

It was all students and the slowest rushing of the court in college basketball history. In fact, it seemed they were doing it more ironically than anything else. It was almost like a group of guys said "lets go celebrate in the center" and then more said "really, we are doing this?...okay". It never got as intense as the Wisconsin celebration or nearly as big.

Its not like football gave any reason to celebrate this year and volleyball wins are expected so...

Caught the 2nd half after I got home last night. The defense was obviously the key last night...and Watson going off.

9 blocked shots, held Minny to 32%...that's a winning recipe most nights.

Trolls will be right back after the next loss. The ones who show up after wins though I don’t think are trolls, just frustrated fans. I can definitely think of a poster or two who won’t show up on this thread.

This team is athletic and can be pretty salty when locking in defensively. Biggest thing is consistency and right now, they haven’t shown that. I hope it’s the start of something better.
Troll Schmoll.

Listen, Miles throws a couple of these false hope games out there every year. You can call it trolling but tell me I'm wrong. Until Miles actually DOES SOMETHING games like this will be seen as they are...a big tease. Up until last night NU had done nothing, other than look better getting off the bus, to indicate anything is different. This is his big year to show it...Minny is one of the top teams in the big 10 and they proved last night they aren't exactly ready for mention in the same breath as Michigan State.

Creighton is definitely beatable, but their style is a bad matchup for us.

Creighton will lose to worse teams than Nebraska this year so they certainly are beatable. NU's greatest advantage is at the point. G Watson is far superior to Mintz and has a significant experience edge on Alexander. It will be interesting to see what Mac does on defense...whether he puts Thomas on Watson or taylor. I'd guess Taylor.

Troll Schmoll.

Listen, Miles throws a couple of these false hope games out there every year. You can call it trolling but tell me I'm wrong. Until Miles actually DOES SOMETHING games like this will be seen as they are...a big tease. Up until last night NU had done nothing, other than look better getting off the bus, to indicate anything is different. This is his big year to show it...Minny is one of the top teams in the big 10 and they proved last night they aren't exactly ready for mention in the same breath as Michigan State.

I don’t believe that you are a troll.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that you are a troll.
But I might be! :Biggrin:

Anyway, I'm not sure who would be considered a troll. There are definitely some people on here, self included, that just don't buy it when NU does something positive because it happens literally every year only to prove to be an exception. Despite my "CU first" fandom I really do want NU to be good...I just know Miles is not the one that's going to make it happen. The sooner he is shown the door the better. There is nothing baked in the cake about UNL that precludes it from having a good basketball program. Hell, THIS team coached by a good coach could probably threaten for the dance.

I've been wondering this year if the best coach for Nebraska is already on the bench. Michael Lewis seems to know what he is doing. I don't think you could actually get him into the head coaching seat without a huge amount of trust from the AD. Anyways, I'm impressed with the offense's spacing if nothing else.

But I might be! :Biggrin:

Anyway, I'm not sure who would be considered a troll. There are definitely some people on here, self included, that just don't buy it when NU does something positive because it happens literally every year only to prove to be an exception. Despite my "CU first" fandom I really do want NU to be good...I just know Miles is not the one that's going to make it happen. The sooner he is shown the door the better. There is nothing baked in the cake about UNL that precludes it from having a good basketball program. Hell, THIS team coached by a good coach could probably threaten for the dance.

You know who the troll is. Also, I called for a coaching change last year, so let’s not pretend I’m a true Miles believer.

Oh I know....I don't think anyone truly believes miles is the answer.

The big problem is that is there really an answer out there. Collier, Sadler, and now Miles, all had decent resumes at mids and really didn't do anything at Nebraska. That is 17 year worth of being a mediocre to bad basketball team. Which is the historical norm for Nebraska Basketball.

Can Nebraska consistently win 20 games a year in the B1G?

The big problem is that is there really an answer out there. Collier, Sadler, and now Miles, all had decent resumes at mids and really didn't do anything at Nebraska. That is 17 year worth of being a mediocre to bad basketball team. Which is the historical norm for Nebraska Basketball.

I'll give you that collier appeared to be a decent hire.

Sadler had 2 yesrs at UTEP where he piggy backed billy gillespie's turnaround. Granted NU wad in a bind with the timing of collier's resignation so they had to take what they could get but the day he called a shot clock violation as good as a punt he should have been fired. Dreadful coach who was kept too long.

Part of the reason nu has always sucked is that the administration doesn't care and they don't (haven't anyway) is that fans don't care. way too many people think having a good basketball team just isn't possible here amd so they accept crap basketball and settle for beating a couple good teams every year.

Moving in to the PBA should have been a golden opportunity. Miles pissed it away.

Maybe not consistently, but there’s little reason why Nebraska shouldn’t have a much better program than they have had. You watch that crowd last night? That kind of passion for, as you said, a program that has been mediocre to bad for 17 years. Basically brand new arena and state-of-the-art practice facilities. It takes the right AD with the right vision. Maybe Moos is that AD, maybe not.

I'll give you that collier appeared to be a decent hire.

Sadler had 2 yesrs at UTEP where he piggy backed billy gillespie's turnaround. Granted NU wad in a bind with the timing of collier's resignation so they had to take what they could get but the day he called a shot clock violation as good as a punt he should have been fired. Dreadful coach who was kept too long.

Part of the reason nu has always sucked is that the administration doesn't care and they don't (haven't anyway) is that fans don't care. way too many people think having a good basketball team just isn't possible here amd so they accept crap basketball and settle for beating a couple good teams every year.

Moving in to the PBA should have been a golden opportunity. Miles pissed it away.

Yeah, I agree with that. Personally, I didn’t like the Sadler or the Miles hire. Admittedly, Miles grew on me, especially after that tourney run. It’s been downhill from there. I’ll give him credit for playing tough schedules though, Doc’s non-con SOS was so soft that there were times 20 wins wouldn’t have even got him in.

:Ironn:Congrats to the BB team for beating Minnesota! Keep it up and make it to the NCAA tournament or at least the NIT.

I really hope that Coach Miles can get it done; but I'm rooting for him rather than just taking a wait & see attitude :Bananalazy:waiting (hoping) for him to fail (so we can get a really good coach in here). If Miles can't get it done here then it is time to cut the cord. I don't think Bill Moos is anyone to fool around, neither are Bounds and Green. If they don't see sustainable improvement this season, and a vision for the future, no doubt we are in for a regime change.

The mantra is: Miles Can Recruit; but can he Coach? This would be the year for him to demonstrate whether he can. This is the most talented and well-rounded team with the deepest bench he has assembled since being here. As others have noticed, we've seen some glimpses of what this team Can be; but can they be consistent enough to make post-season play (and a post-season win)?

We have seen incremental improvements, for example the defensive effort was outstanding last night. Jordy played better; though not near the level of his play at the end of last season. The offense is also improved (maybe because of Coach Lewis?), for example the number of assists. They are actually Fun to Watch when they get going, with their fast-pace and increased tempo. It seems that players on good teams make each other better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back