• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maurice Washington Admitted as FULL QUALIFIER

According to the guys on 93.7 The Ticket, Scott Frost and staff were aware of this situation, vetted it and are still on-board with getting MW to campus. The situation apparently did not involve academics.

Washington's struggles have been well documented.The young man is on his fourth high school for crying out loud. I think Scott Frost is demonstrating that he is willing to give him a chance to right the ship rather than throw him overboard like some are willing to do already.

Scott's approach sounds very similar to a former head coach ......

Go to 10:40 on this segment for the heart of the discussion.

http://www.theticketfm.com/early-br...ld-that-change-your-view-of-the-rb-situation/

wish I knew what the California environment was like.

he could go either way at this point; I'm glad the staff is supporting him. He seems to need support.

My guess is that if he gets to Lincoln he will be OK.

According to the guys on 93.7 The Ticket, Scott Frost and staff were aware of this situation, vetted it and are still on-board with getting MW to campus. The situation apparently did not involve academics.

Washington's struggles have been well documented.The young man is on his fourth high school for crying out loud. I think Scott Frost is demonstrating that he is willing to give him a chance to right the ship rather than throw him overboard like some are willing to do already.

Scott's approach sounds very similar to a former head coach ......

Go to 10:40 on this segment for the heart of the discussion.

http://www.theticketfm.com/early-br...ld-that-change-your-view-of-the-rb-situation/
Situation absolutely involves academics. But him being at multiple high schools is just another piece of the puzzle.

Situation absolutely involves academics. But him being at multiple high schools is just another piece of the puzzle.
Then his high school coach must be lying.

“He got in trouble, and he was expelled,” said Cason, who declined to say why Washington was expelled, other than that it was for behavior and not academics. Washington did not immediately answer text messages, and his phone is not allowing calls.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_c75cfd1b-9252-5976-acc0-127c4a45ba1d.html

Then his high school coach must be lying.

“He got in trouble, and he was expelled,” said Cason, who declined to say why Washington was expelled, other than that it was for behavior and not academics. Washington did not immediately answer text messages, and his phone is not allowing calls.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_c75cfd1b-9252-5976-acc0-127c4a45ba1d.html
I’m talking about why he’s not here and having to transfer home to get here. His hand being forced to not stay where he is to try and get eligible is just another red flag.

Last edited:
Only time will tell. However, at this point the situation does not look good. But if I recall we took a chance on him when we recruited him. Sometimes those gambles pay off othertimes not so good.

I’m talking about why he’s not here and having to transfer home to get here. His hand being forced to not stay where he is to try and get eligible is just another red flag.
Gotcha. I went off in a different direction with your first response - my bad. I see what you mean.

Gotcha. I went off in a different direction with your first response - my bad. I see what you mean.
I probably confused you more than the other way around.

But between going to 3/4 different high schools, not being eligible for Nebraska, then getting expelled from his last school where he was trying to get eligible for Nebraska for something other than academics, I’d be fine going another direction. I know we aren’t, but we are plenty deep at RB.

Only time will tell. However, at this point the situation does not look good. But if I recall we took a chance on him when we recruited him. Sometimes those gambles pay off othertimes not so good.
There's plenty of times taking an academic risk or someone that has been to more than one high school works out. Dennard is a guy we got due to his academics and that worked out, went a little off the rails after he graduated here, but worked out for the football team. Marcus Newby also had qualification issues, but he couldn't have been a better person. When you start getting into academic issues and couple that with expulsions or behavioral deals, it gets a little dicey. Luckily we are paying someone 5 million a year to figure it out.

I probably confused you more than the other way around.

But between going to 3/4 different high schools, not being eligible for Nebraska, then getting expelled from his last school where he was trying to get eligible for Nebraska for something other than academics, I’d be fine going another direction. I know we aren’t, but we are plenty deep at RB.

If Washington and Bryant are out of the picture, I'm not sure how deep we are at RB. We have Bell, Miles Jones (If the staff wants to use home as a RB), Bradley, and a few seniors who have had very pedestrian careers. There are enough bodies, but not a lot of proven contributors.

If Washington and Bryant are out of the picture, I'm not sure how deep we are at RB. We have Bell, Miles Jones (If the staff wants to use home as a RB), Bradley, and a few seniors who have had very pedestrian careers. There are enough bodies, but not a lot of proven contributors.
I am sure this staff will have some holes to fill in recruiting. It wasn't going to get fixed in one partial cycle. Cant afford too many injuries.

If history is a good indicator, Frost won't rely on only one guy to carry the load in the running game. 15 different players carried the ball at UCF in 2017 (17 in 2016). While I expect Bell to get the bulk of the carries, I'm confident we will find a way to utilize Bradley, Wilbon, Ozigbo and others.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spielman or Lindsey in the backfield at some point either

Everyone keeps forgetting to mention the guy who has averaged 13.6 ypc the only times we have seen him in any game type action... 8 carries for 109 yards...

This guy rushed for 50 TDs in HS and passed for another 36.

Attachments

• 5ae215145df46.image.jpg
    5ae215145df46.image.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 84

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back