• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maurice Washington Admitted as FULL QUALIFIER

This was all on the kid, not us. Fortunately. We actually gave him a pretty good blueprint for what he needs to do(in theory). But him going back to California to try and get things done is an interesting decision.
He got booted out of his Texas HS for disciplinary reasons. When that happens, going to your home turf can provide some comfort and security. Not unusual for a guy who doesn’t make it at one school to want to go home. I hope he gets things straightened out; he is such a beast on the field I would be ok with waiting a year while he redshirts at DONU.

He got booted out of his Texas HS for disciplinary reasons. When that happens, going to your home turf can provide some comfort and security. Not unusual for a guy who doesn’t make it at one school to want to go home. I hope he gets things straightened out; he is such a beast on the field I would be ok with waiting a year while he redshirts at DONU.
First sentence is comforting.

This may be a blessing in disguise. Obviously he needs to mature mentally and a redshirt year could allow him that opportunity. He will have time to adjust to college, hopefully find a positive group of friends to lead him in the right direction. He has had a tough life, lost his father when he was young, let's support him in becoming a man and a Corhusker.

tough road for this young man. hope family at home can help him get thru some of this so he can get here. believe we have the support at Nebraska that can

Last edited by a moderator:
A redshirt year for MW certainly isn't the best for our on-field talent, but it may be the best road for him to mature and adjust to the academic and social demands of college life. In retrospect, I could have used someone or several people helping make better decisions as a freshman. This may work out best for the young man. Hopefully he enrolls and succeeds in all the areas that are important in life and for his football career.

Wish him the best back home, hope he pulls the grades needed to get here. Really want to see him on our team.

Washington has so much potential. I hope he gets everything figured out and taken care of. Things should work out okay as long he makes it to campus in August, even if he can't play in 2018. If he never shows up here, that's a shame for both him and the team.

I don't think he makes it to campus and if he does I see issues with him down the road. Hope I am wrong though.

C

"The best predictor for future behavior is past behavior." Of course there obviously are exceptions. For those who want to change/improve, there's plenty of reason to remain hopeful. I'm a therapist, so if I didn't believe that I couldn't remain in my profession. I wish this kid the best and hope he has some strong positive influences because he has a lot of potential and advantages in life at this point. It's up to him to capitalize on those IMO.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back