• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

It seems like the Polynesian kids like to go where there are a few other Polynesian kids, so this could be a good start. Agree we need to build the defense
This is true. Which is why BYU has been so successful over the years. Despite being in the mountains. The LDS church has been very successful with their missionary work in both Western and American Samoa.

No link, but some rumblings that ASU has replaced Alabama as our competition for Noa Pola-Gates, and it is "too close to call". Alabama potentially out only due to numbers. Take it for what it is worth, as most of the info was from a premium site.

After the 5-Star Safety and 4-Star CB flip to Alabama, I think that seems like a reasonable take on the current situation. Need to keep bringing in top recruits and see what the staff can develop them into. Interested to see this play out.

Opposing coaches telling their O-line during a key drive against Nebraska that they must stop Matthew Pola-Mao: "I don't care what it takes, you have to stop that defensive tackle, even if you have to hold the Mao."

(1) Not the first time he's heard that joke, I'm sure.
(2) Now that I've gotten it out of the way on Huskermax, it never needs to be used here again.
(3) I'll let myself out.

Last edited:
Opposing coaches telling their O-line during a key drive against Nebraska that they must stop Mstthew Pola-Mao: "I don't care what it takes, you have to stop that defensive tackle, even if you have to hold the Mao."

(1) Not the first time he's heard that joke, I'm sure.
(2) Now that I've gotten it out of the way on Huskermax, it never needs to be used here again.
(3) I'll let myself out.

iu

iu

Oh man, did you hear Kevin Kugler butchering RB Mohammed Ibrahim’s name in the Minnesota game? Kugler made no effort to get it right. He called him eye-braham, ee-braham, eye-brahime, I was embarrassed for Kugler. It would have taken one call to a Minnesota rep to get it right.

'Ee-bra-heem.

Professional sports announcers encounter foreign names all the time, and the good ones work get the names right. It’s important to those kids families. It’s professionalism.

You can do better, Kugs!

How about the Heisman trustee that had no idea how to pronounce Tua's name during the ceremony? What an embarrassment.

How about the Heisman trustee that had no idea how to pronounce Tua's name during the ceremony? What an embarrassment.

Saw that, yes it was embarrassing. He had a whole 3 names to prepare for ... and neither Murray nor Haskins take that much prep. He was either nervous or someone didn't prep him appropriately. Maybe both.

Here is my take on nature and nurture. I got my BA in American History, and I believe the idea of slave breeding was pretty much a myth. Slaves had families, not stud farms. There is one aspect of American slave history that impacts strength, though - the weakest slaves died on slave ships bringing them to America. Only the strongest survived; I believe that experience must have impacted the genetic makeup of African Americans. As to nurture, I know what it is like to grow up poor, and to grow up believing that your ticket out is sports. My ticket out was track, and it got me scholarship offers. Being poor can make you work harder. I think it helps you in sports if your dad was an athlete (mine wasn’t, but my grandfather was a champion boxer and soldier). It can help you in sports if you fail so miserably, and it hurts so much, that you make up your mind you will be the best or die trying (that was me). These things have nothing to do with race. I think genetic makeup counts somewhat, but you need to get competitive fire somewhere, whether it comes from family pride, a way out of poverty, or a desire to prove yourself. If you don’t get that competitive fire or “killer instinct” somewhere, your genetic makeup won’t do you any good at all.

Last edited:

Here is my take on nature and nurture. I got my BA in American History, and I believe the idea of slave breeding was pretty much a myth. Slaves had families, not stud farms. There is one aspect of American slave history that impacts strength, though - the weakest slaves died on slave ships bringing them to America. Only the strongest survived; I believe that experience must have impacted the genetic makeup of African Americans. As to nurture, I know what it is like to grow up poor, and to grow up believing that your ticket out is sports. My ticket out was track, and it got me scholarship offers. Being poor can make you work harder. I think it helps you in sports if your dad was an athlete (mine wasn’t, but my grandfather was a champion boxer and soldier). It can help you in sports if you fail so miserably, and it hurts so much, that you make up your mind you will be the best or die trying (that was me). These things have nothing to do with race. I think genetic makeup counts somewhat, but you need to get competitive fire somewhere, whether it comes from family pride, a way out of poverty, or a desire to prove yourself. If you don’t get that competitive fire or “killer instinct” somewhere, your genetic makeup won’t do you any good at all.
That is why I discussed both Nature and nurture in reference to Pacific Islanders. So to condense what you said to one sentence. Nature gives you the tools. Nurture gives you the desire to learn how to use them. I agree with that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back