1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CornhuskerinWI, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

I certainly took Jordan being flaky, Njoku possibly moving positions, and Pola-Mao possibly being grades or following no matter what as a spin. But I get we are all looking for reasons. The only thing I know is we wanted all 3, spent multiple resources on them, and we may get blanked.

Still a chance to get 2 of 3 I suppose.

N2FL, Mack The Shark and LarstheRed like this.
  2. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

This is a downside of the early signing period. The last handful can have a bigger affect on our perception of the state of recruiting.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  3. LarstheRed

LarstheRed Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

True, but we were also still working Parker, Houston, Starks and the other kid from GA, Bevins, and who knows who else, as well. I don’t doubt the effort, and I know we have some strong recruiters, but at this moment in time, we might not carry the ‘wow factor’ we will in another year or so. Next year we might see a guy like Jordan or Njoku losing their minds by a late Nebraska offer.

We might have ended up batting zero, but at least we were still in there swinging. The alternative is we drop to some plan C or D guys, or think of just stockpiling schollies for next ala Bo.

4. Ackos

Ackos Heisman 15 Year Member

Looking at 247 recruiting, he isnt making any visits to his top 3.

1 CB to ASU
    1 CB to NU
    1 CB to USC

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    One Man Jury likes this.
  5. NU_Alum

NU_Alum All American 2 Year Member

Odd situation all around.

6. GIFRRO

GIFRRO Red Shirt 5 Year Member

IMO this class is already at where we wanted it to be for the most part. Anything we add from this point on is just nice gravy. NPG solidified it already IMO. Be nice to get more depth in certain areas but at this point, if we ended up with what we have plus a few more fillers.........then we are good.
    move on to next year, where it will be up to SF to show that he can be a great recruiter year in and year out. BP would put together a really good class now and then (see 2011 which is every bit as good as this one was on paper prior to hindsight), but coudnt sustain. Hopefully SF will

Red Reign likes this.
  7. Low Country Husker

Low Country Husker Recruit 2 Year Member

Wasn't their a person from last years class that committed site unseen and is now on the roster? Maybe this is what MPM is doing this year

8. TheOneders

TheOneders Recruit 2 Year Member

You might be right, I can't remember for sure though. Willie Hampton in the 2017 class committed on March 9th but didn't visit until September 17th.

9. djlhuskerfan

djlhuskerfan Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

Maybe he doesn't like to fly?

10. South Omaha Husker

South Omaha Husker Red Shirt 5 Year Member

I thought he looked pretty good in the Polynesian bowl.

11. South Omaha Husker

South Omaha Husker Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Good take!

LarstheRed likes this.
  12. N2FL

N2FL Varsity 10 Year Member

Articles:
    Yup. Oh, I agree

13. 36Blast

36Blast Slow Blinker 2 Year Member

Not good is an understatement

14. Bleed Red

Bleed Red Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Not saying this is what is happening, but what if the staff said "hey, we want you badly, but we need a couple other guys too...can we Blueshirt you without a visit so we can sign these other 3 guys?"

IF NU gets Houston, Bivens and Parker and then had some agreement with MPM to somehow get him, would it still be terrible that they missed on Jordan and Njoku? There is only so many spots available....they were never signing all 6 or 7 or 8 so someone had to be left out.

Red Reign likes this.
  15. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

I would be really concerned if we told MPM we didn't have room and then took Bivens, at least on the surface. I think Jordan and Njoku were both Plan A guys. There's a reason Houston is still available and has had programs cut ties (some say academics), and Parker is 50/50 for us and I hope we pull thru. Don't get me wrong, if Houston commits AND makes it to campus, i'm fine with that over Njoku. OLB we are relying on overcoming things with Parker, but hope like heck we get him. If we take Bivens it's just a cherry on top for me and let's me know we weren't holding any scholarships back, we have plenty of RBs committed.

Red Reign likes this.