• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mata out at OSU

Thad Matta is an elite college coach, I truly believe that. I don't think his health issues are that hidden anymore and I bet it was starting to hurt recruiting. Dude is 49 years old, looks over 60. Probably could use time to step away from the game for a while. I would guess this was mutual and Ohio State "fired him" for contract reasons.

If he got healthy, I'd hire him in two seconds.

Thad Matta is an elite college coach, I truly believe that. I don't think his health issues are that hidden anymore and I bet it was starting to hurt recruiting. Dude is 49 years old, looks over 60. Probably could use time to step away from the game for a while. I would guess this was mutual and Ohio State "fired him" for contract reasons.

If he got healthy, I'd hire him in two seconds.

The only negative I see with him, and I do agree he's an elite coach and would take him in a minute, is he does get beat by teams that run a little tighter, more structured offenses. He usually has some extremely good talent, but if you took his talent and plugged it into a Wiscy type format, they would put the fear of God into the elite programs around the country.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back