• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland places football coach DJ Durkin on administrative leave, effective immediately

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Not surprised. Do not think I have ever seen two coaches from the same conference on administrative leave heading into a season. Suspect he will not return.

Somehow it seems to me that Durkin's problems will help save Meyer's job. I could be wrong, but it takes pressure off of OSU.

Somehow it seems to me that Durkin's problems will help save Meyer's job. I could be wrong, but it takes pressure off of OSU.
Understand what you are saying......but isn't that kind of sad. To think UM's issues are all based on outside pressure.

From what I have read and if what is in the papers turns out to be true, I would not want either guy as coach if I were a trustee of the university. I would wait for an unbiased report on what happened, however. The unbiased part is the hard part.

I do not think so at all. My concern is how Ohio State actually is doing their investigation.

Investigators the Ohio State Board of Trustees leading the inquiry into Urban Meyer's handling of domestic violence allegations made against Zach Smith have yet to reach out to the since-fired assistant coach, Smith's attorney told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday.

The same investigators, however, have had "very preliminary communications" with Powell, Ohio, police officials, a city spokesperson told USA TODAY Sports.

Brad Koffel, Smith's attorney, said in a text message that the investigators have not sought to interview his client and, as of Thursday afternoon, there were no plans for Smith to be interviewed as part of the investigation, which the school announced Sunday is expected to be wrapped up within 14 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...io-state-urban-meyer-investigation/947858002/

I do not think so at all. My concern is how Ohio State actually is doing their investigation.

Not sure what the concern is as it relates to the issue being investigated. Zach Smith is really a bit player in that. Either Urbs knew and reported/didn’t report it, or he didn’t know. We already know he knew, since he admitted it. Not sure Zach Smith can contribute much toward the whole reporting thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back