• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mapieu Now Headed to LA Lafayette

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVonDy85

Recruit
which is being speculated by the local newspapers, it makes the Bryson Williams situation even more embarrassing on the part of the previous staff. In my opinion they passed up on the quicker, more athletic, more productive and stronger player. Apparently they also passed up on the more intelligent and/or mature player also. Just an all around terrible decision to ignore one of the most talented players in the state. I think Bryson will go on to have a very solid career at UW. I hope Mapieu qualifies and has a great career at Nebraska but Williams was the better overall recruit to pursue when factoring in on-field and off-field performance. Both were worthy of offers though.

Last edited:

I don't think he is signing. Won't know until May, so I don't believe they will take his LOI.

Last edited:
tumblr_oid7el8Qx11s8mouyo1_500.gif

This again? Williams didn't want to play here. End of story. We probably need a better recruit on the DL than either Mapieu or Williams anyway.

No Williams didn't want to come to Nebraska and I admire that he stuck to his commitment to Wisconsin after a late push from Frost and Co.

Williams was originally very interested in coming to Nebraska. Mike Riley and Co. really dropped the ball on this and really should never happen. I player like Williams, a very solid 3 star in state guy, should never go without an offer. Williams and Mapieu both should have been offered.

No Williams didn't want to come to Nebraska and I admire that he stuck to his commitment to Wisconsin after a late push from Frost and Co.

Williams was originally very interested in coming to Nebraska. Mike Riley and Co. really dropped the ball on this and really should never happen. I player like Williams, a very solid 3 star in state guy, should never go without an offer. Williams and Mapieu both should have been offered.
I don't think he was ever that interested in Nebraska. Irregardless, Nebraska will probably need better than both.

This again? Williams didn't want to play here. End of story. We probably need a better recruit on the DL than either Mapieu or Williams anyway.
Williams did want to play here but the previous staff burned that bridge and the word "commitment" meant something to him which is to be respected.

Hindsight is 20/20. People would have complained if NU had recruited Williams harder and secured his commit and let Mapieu go to Iowa or UCLA. It appears that Mapieu has a higher ceiling than he's shown, but maybe it will never be realized. Williams was real good high school player in NE. At least Frost and Co took the magazine out of his gun by recruiting him hard. Williams can't say that NU didn't want him now.

Williams did want to play here but the previous staff burned that bridge and the word "commitment" meant something to him which is to be respected.
If he wanted to be at NU he would be. If committed to Wisconsin with his heart somewhere else then he's doing himself and UW a disservice.

Hope you don't hold it against Frost...who committed to Stanford.

Williams didn't want to be a Husker.

So is there any reason Mapieu couldn't sign in May after getting the grades he needs??

It would seem going to IWCC is a possible route, but it wouldn't have to be the ONLY option, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back