• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Many of us may not have realized Nebraska has a Men's basketball team

I get what you are saying about great being over used and maybe we should have a higher standard for it but i can promise you if my wife and I had a evening of "fun" and afterward she said it was great and I disagreed. Or even worse I mentioned something from before I even know her with a different girl and said now that was great, shouldnt even compare the two, i might have a bit of a problem.

Mods, any chance you could close this thread, or move it.

My intent in my original post was just to give a shout out to the basketball team in a slightly humorous way. I didn't think it would deteriorate into just another pissing contest.

Probably most are sick of it by now.

No offense to anyone posting in it. But its original purpose over here has been served. It could just as well continue on the basketball board now.

Hey, would you please go home and leave us alone? This isn't your thread any more. It was hijacked from you days ago.

But before you go home would you please change the title of the thread to something like "Husker Men's BB Sunshine Pumping Thread - Destination Sweet Sixteen!"

Thanks

P

Last edited:
Doc beat #3 texas the year before he was canned. NU was 18-8 at the time and had probably a better chance, at that moment, to make the dance than this team does.

Thanks for making my point though...you didn't remember that game. Because it ended up meaning nothing.

Awww, I forgot that team was ranked as a high. But though I understand your point, it doesn't change the fact that it was a great win. No matter if people remember it or not. How many kids remember or even care about the great run NU's football team. (yea, jumping back to football). What about the fact Auburn let go of Chizik just a couple seasons from a national title game. Winning a national title is always a great win, but it holds no weight after the next game(s). So, NU's win was still great even if they lose the remaining schedule.

I get what you are saying about great being over used and maybe we should have a higher standard for it but i can promise you if my wife and I had a evening of "fun" and afterward she said it was great and I disagreed. Or even worse I mentioned something from before I even know her with a different girl and said now that was great, shouldnt even compare the two, i might have a bit of a problem.

Yes, I agree. In your situation I would defintiely go with the word "great" and not even think about doing any nit-picking. No question about it.

Hey, would you please go home and leave us alone? This isn't your thread any more. It was hijacked from you days ago.

But before you go home would you please change the title of the thread to something like "Husker Men's BB Sunshine Pumping Thread - Destination Sweet Sixteen!"

Thanks

P

:cry: :rockon:

Thanks

P

images
W.......wait for it......the funny part is coming.....I promise....;)

That's the thing. No one is packing their bags and preparing to go camp out waiting on the Huskers run to the Final Four. They just state that this was a great win for the program. It seems you and the "other guy" have looked too deeply in it in attempt to belittle the accomplishment. Looking at what the Huskers have accomplished vs what the Spartans have accomplished, I'd say that no one would have predicted anything like that happening for Nebraska. It's a great win. For one night, Nebraska was the better team. Nothing more.

I think you're being the emotional one. Personally, I am not "belittling" the win.

When I refer to a game as a "great" game, I am speaking singularly of that game. If we want to talk a series of games, a season, or even a career, that is different. Most people look at that game as a snapshot in time and at that moment, it was great! Last nights win was a good win. A win is always good!!

That's the thing. No one is packing their bags and preparing to go camp out waiting on the Huskers run to the Final Four. They just state that this was a great win for the program. It seems you and the "other guy" have looked too deeply in it in attempt to belittle the accomplishment. Looking at what the Huskers have accomplished vs what the Spartans have accomplished, I'd say that no one would have predicted anything like that happening for Nebraska. It's a great win. For one night, Nebraska was the better team. Nothing more.

Look HRD...nobody (including me) is trying to belittle the accomplishment. Everyone agrees that it was a good win. You and many others (probably the majority of Husker fans) perceive the MSU win as a great win. However, not everyone thinks that it was a great win. To each his own...it is no big deal really. There is no absolute correct answer as to whether the game represents a good win or a great win. Each person will have their own opinion.

I have presented the reasons why I do not think it was a great win and I stand by them. You have given your reasons why you think it was a great win and I am not going to argue with them.

I am glad you think it is a great win....good for you...you are luckier than I am because you are certainly getting a bigger kick out of this win than I am. So be happy! The win makes me happy, too, but it did not make me giddy with excitement.

I watched NU play PSU yesterday and it was entertaining. I can't recall ever seeing an NU team as good as this one. I enjoy watching them play. They seem to be getting better and they are a very young team that will surely get better in future years.

Last edited:
Hey is everyone going to complain about our baseball team too. NU9-2 over #1 oregon state;)

Look HRD...nobody (including me) is trying to belittle the accomplishment. Everyone agrees that it was a good win. You and many others (probably the majority of Husker fans) perceive the MSU win as a great win. However, not everyone thinks that it was a great win. To each his own...it is no big deal really. There is no absolute correct answer as to whether the game represents a good win or a great win. Each person will have their own opinion.

I have presented the reasons why I do not think it was a great win and I stand by them. You have given your reasons why you think it was a great win and I am not going to argue with them.

I am glad you think it is a great win....good for you...you are luckier than I am because you are certainly getting a bigger kick out of this win than I am. So be happy! The win makes me happy, too, but it did not make me giddy with excitement.

I watched NU play PSU yesterday and it was entertaining. I can't recall ever seeing an NU team as good as this one. I enjoy watching them play. They seem to be getting better and they are a very young team that will surely get better in future years.

So it seems this is all about semantics, i.e. good versus great. Seems like a lot of arguing over a very insignificant difference. But that's just me.

I always wondered why we never had a consistently good bball team. We had decent teams but never consistently. Miles is going to be great for NU. He did such a great job at CSU with fewer resources. Give him time and let him coach and see where we are in 5 years. My guess is we break the curse of 0 wins in the dance. Maybe even a sweet 16 or an elite 8 appearance.

So it seems this is all about semantics, i.e. good versus great. Seems like a lot of arguing over a very insignificant difference. But that's just me.

Yep, actually just a simple tomato vs tomoto argument.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back