• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Many of us may not have realized Nebraska has a Men's basketball team

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
I just learned this, but apparently we do. We just upset No. 9 Michigan State on their home court. There's even a board about it here on huskermax.

Who knew?

Go Big Red!!!

It was a great game! MSU made a late run and it would've been easy for the Huskers to collapse but they kept answering the call. The Huskers played great on the defensive end and Petteway hit some huge shots. The kid is money…

Last edited:

Here is the story. Hope this gets moved to the basketball area before Kenny Bell sees it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400510033

Some great stuff in that article:

"Today, we were the ones who didn't bring it," Izzo said. "And Nebraska, they were junkyard dogs. They reminded me of some of our old teams. They took it at us. They talked it, they walked it, they played it."

Nebraska snapped a 25-game road losing streak vs Top-10 teams (last win: Feb. 22, 1997 at No. 7 Iowa State) and won its second straight road game overall after losing its first seven. The Huskers also beat the Spartans for the first time since Dec. 10, 1994 (Michigan State had won its first four meetings since Nebraska joined the Big Ten).

- Nebraska's first road win at a top-10 team since Feb. 22, 1997 at No. 7 Iowa State, snapping a 25-game losing streak - Nebraska's first road win at a top-25 team since Feb. 23, 2008 at No. 22 Texas A&M, snapping a 21-game losing streak - Michigan State's first home conference loss as a top-10 team against an unranked opponent since Feb. 1, 2009 vs Penn State

Michigan State averaged 0.88 points per possession (51 points in 58 possessions) Sunday against Nebraska, it's worst offensive efficiency in the last two seasons.

<tbody>
</tbody>

That got me thinkin' ... when was the football team's last win over a top ten team on the road? 1997, versus Washington.

We have debated the football team and "signature wins." I don't think there's any debate -- today's NU basketball victory over Michigan State was a signature win.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back