1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Malmsteen

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Smoker, Jan 11, 2019.

1. joestrummer

joestrummer Late of Pablo Fanque's Fair 10 Year Member

I doubt it but, yeah, amateur strip night was an institution for a long time.

2. HuskerWeatherman

HuskerWeatherman Husker Fan 15 Year Member

Yeah, I'd be shocked. Times have changed too much in recent years for that sort of thing to happen again.

I definitely have my share of memories of amateur strip night at the Grove, in the 87-90 time frame. I remember being completely enamored with a girl who had pierced nips. That was obviously less common back then. She shot me down, rightfully so, as I'm sure I looked like a child ready to open presents on Christmas morning.

During that same time, there was a club in the Centrum that also had an amateur strip night. Anyone remember that? I remember it especially due to a dude (likely slightly mentally retarded) who pranced around in his fruit of the looms. Of course, everyone laughed -- yet he did so every week there. Looking back, I cringe a bit.

3. Smoker

Smoker Ed Force One 5 Year Member

I hung out at the grove in the lower 80's,
    Thank God there were no cell phones !

Red Dead Redemption likes this.
  4. HuskerNash

HuskerNash Recruit

Celebration? I used to hang out there but I don’t remember them having an amateur strip night. I had a roommate that was a DJ there. By the way I was hanging out at the grove those same years. Fun times.

HuskerWeatherman likes this.
  5. HuskerWeatherman

Now that you mention it, cell phones is probably the #1 reason why there won't be an amateur strip night ever again. ;)

6. Smoker

Wednesday afternoons, start around 4. Would dance before the real dancers started in the evenings

HuskerNash likes this.
  7. HuskerWeatherman

Celebration sounds correct. And there was definitely a regular amateur strip night -- though it's possible it was only for a short period.

Those were awesome times to be a young person in Lincoln! I have a ton of great (drunken) memories from that '87 to maybe '92 time frame (my UNL years). Lots of bars and clubs that are no longer. P.O. Pears, WC's downtown, Chesterfields, the old Sandy's location, Duffy's (of course, still active) ... I also have memories of a bar in the Haymarket (when the Haymarket wasn't nearly what it is now) ... underground/basement ... which played underground music (dance club). Oh, and The Enterprise, which seemed to change its name every couple of years -- what is that place now (I'm assuming not a club). Might have been Stooges at one point?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    HuskerNash and Smoker like this.
  8. 707194959725

707194959725 Recruit

What??
    What about "The Night Before"?

9. Smoker

Is that the one that was outside city limits?

10. Cyberbach

Cyberbach Founding Father 15 Year Member

I think you can almost see it from the tailgate area....

11. Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption Head Lackey 5 Year Member

No, night before is still downtown. but I've been to the one your referring to. Can't remember the name though. The one that tried to be a juice bar?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM
    Smoker likes this.
  12. Smoker

It was a juice bar, all nude fat women

13. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

HUSKER HOT SAUCE Music Soothes My Soul 2 Year Member

How was the ole Malmy Malmster Smoker? [​IMG]

14. Show Me State Red

Show Me State Red Recruit

Agree. I don't remember any Malmsteen melodies. Just lightning speed tapping that made it seem like every song was note-4-note the same just tapped differently. Now that hair bands and speed metal have faded he may put on a kick butt show.