• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey

I trust Vedral but anyone after that is a total wildcard assuming Bunch leaves. Of course, that’s probably any program. Hey ***, where do you think Masker will be at next year? Serviceable?
I think in this day of college football, 3 scholarship guys per year is about what you can expect, maybe 4. Masker will be interesting, super athletic kid. But in all honesty i haven’t seen him enough to know one way or the other.

Any QB recruit who signs on now will have an up hill battle for playing time. AM is the guy for the next several years, unless injured.

Last edited:
Any QB recruit who signs on now will have an up hill battle for playing time. AM is the guy for the next several years, unless injured.

Agree. And after the 'ankle lock' injury, AM took and delivered some pretty good shots in a difficult B1G schedule and ended up being durable and available.

LM's a fabulous athlete, would love for him to redshirt, create a year of separation with AM & bulk up (although none of the three previous McCaffrey boys have redshirted), but I could see him playing early & often - even in a Bobby Newcombe-esque type role.

IF he were to redshirt, would still expect him to see the field at Boulder for a few plays - WR, jet sweep, backup QB (if score allows), victory formation ;), etc... as one of the potential 4 game redshirt limit games.
If he can play ANYWHERE it’s going to be tough to keep him off the field.

Maybe he is better than Adrian? Dude is a great QB. Bunch leaves and we don't have a backup? Come on now. We need this guy. We need to win enough to put him in late in the game early in his career. You don't win by having 1 deep talent or else. I don't get any of this.

I think you're forgetting Vedral.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back