• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey

LM's a fabulous athlete, would love for him to redshirt, create a year of separation with AM & bulk up (although none of the three previous McCaffrey boys have redshirted), but I could see him playing early & often - even in a Bobby Newcombe-esque type role.

IF he were to redshirt, would still expect him to see the field at Boulder for a few plays - WR, jet sweep, backup QB (if score allows), victory formation ;), etc... as one of the potential 4 game redshirt limit games.

LM's a fabulous athlete, would love for him to redshirt, create a year of separation with AM & bulk up (although none of the three previous McCaffrey boys have redshirted), but I could see him playing early & often - even in a Bobby Newcombe-esque type role.

IF he were to redshirt, would still expect him to see the field at Boulder for a few plays - WR, jet sweep, backup QB (if score allows), victory formation ;), etc... as one of the potential 4 game redshirt limit games.
What I found interesting is he has a faster 40 yd time then AM..... He's going to be a terrific addition to Nebraska's success over the next 4 years imo. I also believe he's MORE then talented enough to be a QB at many P5 schools...........

I don’t think the preservation of LMs redshirt is that big of a deal long term for us. But we will see.
I'd like for him to get playing time in at least 4 games. If he's ready to step up then he's ready to step up. Worst thing is holding a player back that shows he can play at a high level even as a freshman. We obviously need good back up QB's and if LM is ready to play next fall get him some playing time.....

Three times the scholarship depth and at least one walk-on if not two for the start of fall camp. If we get down to our fifth string QB we are screwed anyway. About 50 things I’m more worried about than Qb depth. ;)

I trust Vedral but anyone after that is a total wildcard assuming Bunch leaves. Of course, that’s probably any program. Hey ***, where do you think Masker will be at next year? Serviceable?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back