1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Lord Stanley's Cup/2018 NHL Draft

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Lavaman, Apr 12, 2018.

1. bugeater61

bugeater61 Kill All Humans 15 Year Member

Really thought we were going to force a game six but it just wasn’t to be. Congratulations to the Washington Capitals.

2. ColoREDo

ColoREDo REDo posts matter!!! 10 Year Member

I thought the same but credit to the Caps for keeping the pressure on all night.

3. McJack

McJack Scout Team 10 Year Member

Am happy for Ovi, he's paid his dues, And of course Oshie, GO SIOUX!! good for the Caps, they earned it.

Didn't have a real emotional favorite in the race, but there is no better moment than when someone hoists the cup. Best trophy in all sports, not even close.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Pops

Pops I have squandered my resistance 10 Year Member

Beat me to it. IS HIS. Emotional talking about is dad. Always been a class act
    GO Sioux.
    Triple crown is best trophy in sports. Hardest one to get. Go Justify!

5. Pops

You been checking out recruits? Big D coming. And countries # 2 center and wing combo

6. CrnhskrBob

CrnhskrBob Husker Immortal 15 Year Member

Congrats to the Caps! Well-deserved championship! Also, congrats to the Golden Knights for one heck of an effort by a "put-together" team!! Amazing!

Sadly, my Sharks blew another chance to win it all; just, maybe, next year? ;)

7. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

HUSKER HOT SAUCE Music Soothes My Soul 5 Year Member

Well, I didn't realize the game was last night, that sucks. I missed all of it, but, I guess it's just as well. I hate to do it, but, Congrats to the Caps. After game one, they dominated the series, and brought old Lord Stanley home for the first time. Now, let's hope it's their last time too.

8. ColoREDo

First the Eagles, now the Caps. The way things are going for me, the Yankees are probably going to win the world series. :(

9. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

You take that back mister, take it back right now..... The Yankees win, and we, me and you, we gonna have a problem. :O O:;)

10. McJack

C'mon Pops. If you were given one chance to have the ultimate spot of glory, would you rather hoist and kiss the exact trophy that Miktia, Richard, Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, Jagr, Hull, etc etc etc touched? Or have some nameless stable hand throw a bouquet of flowers over your horse? It's not even close.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    ColoREDo likes this.
  11. Pops

Care nothing for the NFL. And your right it is not close. I'd take the triple crown trophy I've any.of em

12. McJack

Ha, I care nothing for the NFL either. But I love the Stanley Cup. Cudos to Justify for winning the triple crown, I live in ranch country (for another week anyway, then off to Colorado), you wouldn't believe how every bar in town goes nuts for all three of the races, people just flock in for them, it's quite a party, lots of fun.

13. HUSKER HOT SAUCE

What? :Lol:

Pops likes this.
  14. ColoREDo

Trotz resigns as head coach of the Caps. Hmmm...

15. Red Reign

Red Reign Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

Was a lame duck coach as his contract was not extended before the season. Do not blame him at all for walking away. Owner and GM will get grilled for this.

$300,000 raise to $1.8M a year well below market value for a coach with his resume.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/06/barry-trotz-steps-down-as-capitals-head-coach-despite-stanley-cup-win/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018