• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lord Stanley's Cup/2018 NHL Draft

Great to see them back in the playoffs, but they're just a step slow to compete with a team line Nashville. Don't know that Varlamov wouldn't have made a bit of a difference.

Coming back to Denver so maybe they've still got a chance to keep it interesting.
They have played Nashville pretty tough so far. You never know what can happen in a hockey playoff series. That said, the Predators are pretty tough and it will be hard to win 4 of 5 from them.

They have played Nashville pretty tough so far. You never know what can happen in a hockey playoff series. That said, the Predators are pretty tough and it will be hard to win 4 of 5 from them.

Don't disagree. That empty net goal yesterday was kind of a freak thing that could have gone the other way. IF the Av's can find a way to even it up at 2-2, I'd feel much better about it. Home ice might be the thing that gets them there.

I was surprised by that stat - saw it on Preds / Avs game 2 & showed Preds as # 4 in NHL with regard to playoff experience.

Poile has done a masterful job re-assembling the team - never got anything resembling the golden goose draft that Vegas got when Nashville came into the league. We lost a quality guy in James Neal to Vegas.

Avs are really showing some grit. Would be glad for a split in Denver & finish it in front of another rocking crowd at Bridgestone Arena.

I was surprised by that stat - saw it on Preds / Avs game 2 & showed Preds as # 4 in NHL with regard to playoff experience.

Poile has done a masterful job re-assembling the team - never got anything resembling the golden goose draft that Vegas got when Nashville came into the league. We lost a quality guy in James Neal to Vegas.

Avs are really showing some grit. Would be glad for a split in Denver & finish it in front of another rocking crowd at Bridgestone Arena.
Guess you should have protected him, thanks for failing to do so.;)

While I am not comparing Nick Bonino to James Neal, Bonino (former Penguin) is not a bad replacement. To me losing him hurt worse than losing Fleury to the Golden Knights.

hvWG0Us.jpg

Guess you should have protected him, thanks for failing to do so.;)

You are welcome! Point is when Preds entered the league, everyone else got to protect more than 8 players IIRC.

While I am not comparing Nick Bonino to James Neal, Bonino (former Penguin) is not a bad replacement. To me losing him hurt worse than losing Fleury to the Golden Knights.

Yes, Bonino & Turris have been good additions. Bonino’s Line has had some success neutralizing MacKinnon’s Line for the Avs.

Avs score the 1st goal of the game for the third straight contest. Can they pull one out this time?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back