• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Logic/Weezer/Pixies

• Thread starter Deleted member 5200
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5200

Just got back from the Logic concert. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Tomorrow night we're going to see Weezer and the Pixies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Logic concert. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Tomorrow night we're going to see Weezer and the Pixies.
They're both getting a little long in the tooth but, I'm guessing you'll enjoy Weezer and the Pixies (even if Kim's no longer in the band).

Best ever? You haven't been very many concerts:Biggrin:
It shocked me, too! And I've been to quite a few concerts.

And I'm not just talking about the music. I've HEARD much better. I'm talking about the whole experience. He just did so many cool things that you don't see at every concert.

They're both getting a little long in the tooth but, I'm guessing you'll enjoy Weezer and the Pixies (even if Kim's no longer in the band).
Kim's replacement was very good. They were on point. Just cranked out song after song with many in the crowd singing along. But the only spoken word the whole set was one quick "thank you tampa" from the bass player before their last song.

Weezer also rocked and the crowd was definitely there to see Weezer. Seemed like the whole crowd was singing along. But again, very little crowd interaction otherwise. Such a contrast from the Logic show. My son was really intrigued by the differences.

The Wombats were the warmup band. They were excellent!

Kim's replacement was very good. They were on point. Just cranked out song after song with many in the crowd singing along. But the only spoken word the whole set was one quick "thank you tampa" from the bass player before their last song.

Weezer also rocked and the crowd was definitely there to see Weezer. Seemed like the whole crowd was singing along. But again, very little crowd interaction otherwise. Such a contrast from the Logic show. My son was really intrigued by the differences.

The Wombats were the warmup band. They were excellent!

That's interesting.

I've literally seen 600-800 bands in my six years in Austin. Over 1,000 in my lifetime.

While 90% of my satisfaction is based purely on their musical performance, there are little things like crowd interaction that may add or subtract from my overall experience. I do like when bands acknowledge how much they appreciate you. If they can add in some personal stories (a few sentences), that's oftentimes a huge bonus in making you feel a part of the show. Dave Grohl, with the Foo Fighters, is the master of this.

That's interesting.

I've literally seen 600-800 bands in my six years in Austin. Over 1,000 in my lifetime.

While 90% of my satisfaction is based purely on their musical performance, there are little things like crowd interaction that may add or subtract from my overall experience. I do like when bands acknowledge how much they appreciate you. If they can add in some personal stories (a few sentences), that's oftentimes a huge bonus in making you feel a part of the show. Dave Grohl, with the Foo Fighters, is the master of this.

I saw Heart at an outdoor festival in Norfolk, Ne about 10 years ago, the barely said a word. Eddie Money opened for them and he did more talking than he did singing.

That's interesting.

I think I got spoiled early.

One of the first concerts I ever saw was The Tubes at the Uptown Theater in KC. Still one of the top 5 concerts I ever saw, mostly because it was more show than concert recital.

I'm not hung up on it. The Grateful Dead shows I've seen are also near the top of my all-time lists and they were never-ending jam sessions with very little interaction.

But Logic really took the audience interaction thing to a different level. I just thought it was very interesting.

I think I got spoiled early.

One of the first concerts I ever saw was The Tubes at the Uptown Theater in KC. Still one of the top 5 concerts I ever saw, mostly because it was more show than concert recital.

I'm not hung up on it. The Grateful Dead shows I've seen are also near the top of my all-time lists and they were never-ending jam sessions with very little interaction.

But Logic really took the audience interaction thing to a different level. I just thought it was very interesting.
I think, and I'm not sure why, crowd interaction is more important in hip hop shows than rock shows. When I saw the Dead, I don't think Jerry ever said a word to the audience. I enjoy some interactive showmanship but I also enjoy a band who just keeps playing song after song. I suppose it all depends on the band.

I think, and I'm not sure why, crowd interaction is more important in hip hop shows than rock shows. When I saw the Dead, I don't think Jerry ever said a word to the audience. I enjoy some interactive showmanship but I also enjoy a band who just keeps playing song after song. I suppose it all depends on the band.

I think that's true.

Depends on the band.

Dead Meadow or A Place to Bury Strangers ... and anything more than playing their set would take away from it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back