• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Loaded at Tbe RB position

Since the '90's, every time I think NU is loaded at any position, things happen to prove me wrong.

I'll settle for well stocked and lucky when it comes to player evaluations, development, injuries and transfers.

Since the '90's, every time I think NU is loaded at any position, things happen to prove me wrong.

I'll settle for well stocked and lucky when it comes to player evaluations, development, injuries and transfers.

Yep, and football is ultimately a team game. Even great rb's can't do it all by themselves. You look at most of the Husker great rb's and they had quite a supporting cast.

Last edited:
Yep, and football is ultimately a team game. Even great rb's can't do it all by themselves. You look at most of the Husker great rb's and they had quite a supporting cast.

Great individual talent is always needed to field and elite team. Some of my favorite Husker teams didn’t have that level of talent, but still played at or near an elite level. Getting back to playing above our talent rankings would be a great place to start.

Don't forget how thin we were at RB this season. We were basically only two deep, and one of those is graduating.

Last edited:
Hopefully they all follow the Ozigbo model of year over year improvement. That really would be scary in a couple years.

Lots and lots of potential at this position. It will be fun to watch their development/growth and to see how Walters and Frost utilize them. The fact that we have Martinez with the threat of passing or running himself - will also open things up. I don't think they'll need much space to make something fun happen!

Yeah we will be extremely young with no one in the mold of Ozigbo.

Incoming JUCO kid, Dedrick Mills, is in that mold and he has experience at the college level playing his freshman year at GT. He’ll likely play a similar role to Ozigbo but likely less carries as Washington increases his role with an offseason of S&C

Last edited:
Does anyone have an update on Ronald Thompkins knee injury? Unless i am mistaken it happened in the first game of the year and hopefully he is progressing.

Last edited:
Lots and lots of potential at this position. It will be fun to watch their development/growth and to see how Walters and Frost utilize them. The fact that we have Martinez with the threat of passing or running himself - will also open things up. I don't think they'll need much space to make something fun happen!
With more time this off season and less overall getting to know the players I can see these coaches developing even more offense. They now have a good idea of the defenses they’re going to face each week. They’re having FUN recruiting ,they’re young ,hard working and incredibly motivated. This is going to be fun to watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back