• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Less Than A FortNight Away!

Crusty

Perfectly Unorthodox
5 Year Member
Guys!
Guys!
Guys...

We are less than a fortnight away from watching the resurrection of Cornhusker Football.

my uncle talked farm measurement in "rods". something like down the hayfield about 25 rods???

my uncle talked farm measurement in "rods". something like down the hayfield about 25 rods???
That and pipeline right of way... a Rod is 16.5 feet and there are 330 rods per mile... A furlong was how long a team of oxen could pull a plow before needing to rest. And you wanted them to pull straight until they needed a rest. Then you'd turn them. I am an expert on furlongs! I just read the wikipedia entry!

That was always the engineer's joke, convert acceleration into furlongs per fortnight squared.

That and pipeline right of way... a Rod is 16.5 feet and there are 330 rods per mile... A furlong was how long a team of oxen could pull a plow before needing to rest. And you wanted them to pull straight until they needed a rest. Then you'd turn them. I am an expert on furlongs! I just read the wikipedia entry!

That was always the engineer's joke, convert acceleration into furlongs per fortnight squared.
so how many rods do expect our offense to average this year?

A furlong is the last 220 yards in a race. It is also the first 220 yards and any other segment of the race equaling 220 yards. but the announcers always say -- "and with a furlong to go....."

so the offense averages 3 furlongs and the defense holds em to a furlong. got it

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back