• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Greg Simmons has left the team

This is probably in another thread, but, does Keyshawn taking a leave also open up a scholarship?

If Keyshawn comes back in January, then it won't open up a scholarship for the 2018 recruiting class. If he doesn't come back, then it will. But it at least opens up the possibility of a walk-on using that scholarship in the fall; preferably a senior walk-on.

I always find it odd that when a player leaves, the first thing thought about is "well, we can recruit someone else". Sure, that is an effect, but wasn't the person that left usually a touted recruit himself? The replacement isn't always going to be better......sad to see players who have committed and in the program leave. The turnover these days is inevitable, but not necessarily a good change in the way things are done.
Probably has already been stated but if the new guys coming in are better than you, try and find a place where you can gets some playing time. I don't begrudge anyone for this.

-Bob Elliot is still on staff and will still make an impact with this team in that role. I don't necessarily see this as a negative unless it's a serious health event in which case prayers to him. While the secondary has been through like 8 coaches in 8 years, I didn't view Elliot as a long term answer anyway. Booker has experience with Diaco's D and will likely fit right in place.

-KJJ, under the direction of his father, is making what I consider a very smart move that will hopefully improve him as a player and person. After his injury he was likely to redshirt this season anyway, so it's not a huge loss to NU from a talent standpoint. Hopefully he'll be back at winter break with a renewed vision of the man and player he wants to become.

-Simmons situation is purely a product of fit and depth chart imho. Attrition happens.

I personally don't view any of these as awful news or a step back in the program in the least.

If anything, Coach Riley is earning his stripes right now, and is doing a commendable job.
I agree with everything you are saying.

I didn't say it was a step back. I said we had awful news lately. Nothing more than that.

This is a little scary here though.

In very bad taste for DB to do this. We don't need the media speculating on someone maybe or maybe not leaving if they don't behave. That is every year, he doesn't need to stir the pot.

This absolutely has to be the most ultra sensitive fan base in the country. Who the hell cares about a 'tweet' by someone in the media? It's their job to provide commentary.

Probably has already been stated but if the new guys coming in are better than you, try and find a place where you can gets some playing time. I don't begrudge anyone for this.
Always, and I mean always, try and find a place where you can gets some playing time. ;)

Always, and I mean always, try and find a place where you can gets some playing time. ;)
haha-shut-up.gif

On Bahe's show Friday, they talked about KJJ, and it was stated he was not working nearly as hard as he needed to be, in practice. In fact, a DB called him out in practice, and he did not respond with any fire.

I see where you are coming from...glass half empty.
So commits leaving the program without contributing a meaningful snap is cause for celebration because the next touted recruit with X stars would never do the same thing (if they sign with NU at all). If only that were guaranteed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back