• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Greg Simmons has left the team

Class size just went up.

I always find it odd that when a player leaves, the first thing thought about is "well, we can recruit someone else". Sure, that is an effect, but wasn't the person that left usually a touted recruit himself? The replacement isn't always going to be better......sad to see players who have committed and in the program leave. The turnover these days is inevitable, but not necessarily a good change in the way things are done.

I always find it odd that when a player leaves, the first thing thought about is "well, we can recruit someone else". Sure, that is an effect, but wasn't the person that left usually a touted recruit himself? The replacement isn't always going to be better......sad to see players who have committed and in the program leave. The turnover these days is inevitable, but not necessarily a good change in the way things are done.
This is true, if recruiting in a particular program isn't steadily improving or, in the Husker's case, markedly improving.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back