• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Latest win total predictions from Vegas

Voice Of Reason

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Big Ten
· Ohio State: 10.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)

· Wisconsin: 10.5 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Penn State: 10 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Michigan: 8.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)

· Northwestern: 8.5 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Minnesota: 7.5 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Iowa: 7 (Over -120, Under EVEN)

· Nebraska: 7 (Over EVEN, Under -120)

· Indiana: 6.5 (Over -120, Under EVEN)

· Michigan State: 5 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Illinois: 3.5 (Over EVEN, Under -120)

· Maryland: 3 (Over -120, Under EVEN)

· Rutgers: 3 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Purdue: 2.5 (Over -125, Under +105)

Who says we don’t get no respect. Tied for 7th highest in the Big Ten with Iowa and almost as high of Minnesota. :Confused:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

· Minnesota: 7.5 (Over -110, Under -110)

· Michigan State: 5 (Over -110, Under -110)

Is Minnesota really capable of 8 wins to take the over?

Aug. 31 Buffalo (Thursday)
Sept. 9 at Oregon State
Sept. 16 Middle Tennessee State
Sept. 23 OFF
Sept. 30 Maryland
Oct. 7 at Purdue
Oct. 14 Michigan State
Oct. 21 Illinois
Oct. 28 at Iowa
Nov. 4 at Michigan
Nov. 11 Nebraska
Nov. 18 at Northwestern
Nov. 25 Wisconsin

I'd expect they'll be underdogs in their last 5 games. That means they'll need to win at least one of those ... if only one, they'd need to start out 7-0. There's 2-3 potential losses in those first 7. I'd have a difficult time taking the over.

Can Michigan State rebound at least a bit from last season to win more than 5?

Sept. 2 Bowling Green
Sept. 9 Western Michigan
Sept. 16 OFF
Sept. 23 Notre Dame
Sept. 30 Iowa
Oct. 7 at Michigan
Oct. 14 at Minnesota
Oct. 21 Indiana
Oct. 28 at Northwestern
Nov. 4 Penn State
Nov. 11 at Ohio State
Nov. 18 Maryland
Nov. 25 at Rutgers

I'd think they should start out 2-0. 3-1 is a good possibility. 4-0 is not impossible. The last two games should be wins. Indiana, mid-season, is certainly a possible win. I could easily see MSU with 6 or 7 wins.

If I was a betting man, I'd look hard at those two teams' projected win totals.

Last edited:
Is Minnesota really capable of 8 wins to take the over?

Aug. 31 Buffalo (Thursday)
Sept. 9 at Oregon State
Sept. 16 Middle Tennessee State
Sept. 23 OFF
Sept. 30 Maryland
Oct. 7 at Purdue
Oct. 14 Michigan State
Oct. 21 Illinois
Oct. 28 at Iowa
Nov. 4 at Michigan
Nov. 11 Nebraska
Nov. 18 at Northwestern
Nov. 25 Wisconsin

I'd expect they'll be underdogs in their last 5 games. That means they'll need to win at least one of those ... if only one, they'd need to start out 7-0. There's 2-3 potential losses in those first 7. I'd have a difficult time taking the over.

Can Michigan State rebound at least a bit from last season to win more than 5?

Sept. 2 Bowling Green
Sept. 9 Western Michigan
Sept. 16 OFF
Sept. 23 Notre Dame
Sept. 30 Iowa
Oct. 7 at Michigan
Oct. 14 at Minnesota
Oct. 21 Indiana
Oct. 28 at Northwestern
Nov. 4 Penn State
Nov. 11 at Ohio State
Nov. 18 Maryland
Nov. 25 at Rutgers

I'd think they should start out 2-0. 3-1 is a good possibility. 4-0 is not impossible. The last two games should be wins. Indiana, mid-season, is certainly a possible win. I could easily see MSU with 6 or 7 wins.

If I was a betting man, I'd look hard at those two teams' projected win totals.
No, take the under on Minny and the over on NU. I'd also take the under on Wisconsin, Penn State and Iowa.

Its been a long time since we proved anything positive to anyone. Until that happens, how can one say we're disrespected?
So true. Face it, outside of the state of Nebraska- the program currently has very little relevance. The Vegas total is simply a convergence between the sporting public's gaming opinion and the line makers expertise.

So true. Face it, outside of the state of Nebraska- the program currently has very little relevance. The Vegas total is simply a convergence between the sporting public's gaming opinion and the line makers expertise.
It depends on what your definition of proof is. Proof of competing for a NC you would be correct. Proof that we can compete when we tie it all together. We have had our moments. Also the fact that we are currently competing and winning for some of the top talent seems to indicate we are moving back to full relevance. Not many non relevant programs get the kind of recruits we are getting the last year or so.

That being said. I do not blame those who are betting against us which will make it all the sweeter when our boys prove you wrong.

Also the fact that we are currently competing and winning for some of the top talent seems to indicate we are moving back to full relevance. Not many non relevant programs get the kind of recruits we are getting the last year or so.
It's nice NU is getting better talent, seemingly, but is it, will it translate to wins on the field? Many think no. Personally, the past 2 years, + this one, NU has/will have better talent than 90% of the teams it's played, or will play, and still can't win. Many wonder, will it matter? That's the damn problem.

Last edited:
It's nice NU is getting better talent, seemingly, but is it, will it translate to wins on the field? Many think no. Personally, the past 2 years, + this one, NU has/will have better talent than 90% of the teams it's played, or will play, and still can't win. Many wonder, will it matter? That's the damn problem.
Anyone that thinks better talent will not translate to more wins needs a check up from the neck up! That's absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense IMO. If we can win 9 games last season with the talent on hand we'll win more games with improved talent all things being equal. We HAVEN'T had a big time QB in many years. Only question I have is TL that big time talent we've been searching for? If he is we'll win 9 or 10 games this season and prove the experts wrong.

Lists like this are barely worth being printed on the downside of the piece of paper used to wipe off the bottom of your shoe following a trip across the dog park. But then, it is the off-season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back