• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Last Sunday, the tri-fecta

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
So Sunday morning my wife looks at me and says "those steaks you thawed out, I want them grilled for breakfast". I melted in happiness. Inch thick tri-tip chunks. And so it began. So while the coals readied for breakfast I finished the prep on the main cooking for the day. 12+ lb. turkey smoked for 3 hours and then finished off in the fryer for that good healthy crispy skin. Succulent. Right behind the turkey went the 8 lb. Boston Butt into the smoker with a nice spicy rub. 3 hours in, it was pulled and put in the oilless fryer to finish in just about an hour with that almost crispy bark, perfect to make into pulled pork. So juicy no sauce needed. Oh and the steak and eggs were perfect. :nod:

20160731_164141.jpg

20160731_130122.jpg

I drop in from time to time. Real life has me more busy than it used to. Glad to see you!!!:Banana:

The oil less fryer has a basket, I put the turkey in cavity down in the smoker in the basket, then just transferred straight to the fryer when it was time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back