• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Land of 10 - Gone

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
What a bummer. Erin Sorensen tweeted out Land of 10 and the SEC equivalent are getting shut down by Cox Media effective 6/30. It’s a bummer. Erin seems like a nice young lady. I enjoyed reading Land of 10.

That being said, there is WAY more content out there on the Huskers than 20 years ago, with way less success. I’ve wondered how sustainable it was to have 40+ reporters covering the Huskers in a state of less than 2M people.

Last edited:

Bummer, like many here rather enjoyed Land of 10. Some original stuff and good articles on opponents. Best of luck Erin!

We're very fortunate in Huskerland to have so many outlets that report on our football team. As someone who doesn't live near Nebraska anymore, I appreciate the different viewpoints and perspectives each one provides (some more than others lol). I'm disappointed to hear Land of 10 is being cut as I thought Erin was a talented writer who brought a different angle. Hope she gets picked up by another Husker site

Hope Erin finds a new gig. I thought she also worked with Hail Varsity, but not sure on that.

I do know she had a rough go a couple years back . She was almost killed in by drunk driver in February of 2016 and had some serious injuries and burns as a result: http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/nei...cle_0418a9f4-dcfe-11e5-97a8-8bd7c87d3103.html

If you see this Erin, good luck and hang in there.
She actually worked at Hail Varsity before moving over to Land of 10. She made the move about the same time that Brian Christopherson left the LJS for 247Sports.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back