• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lamar Jackson

I love that this is the attitude in that/those position rooms, I would like it even more if fans like myself never caught wind of it. maybe making things like this public are part of a plan to make players tougher, but it seems like a weird thing to be discussed outside of the facilities
Or maybe every other type of motivation has been tried and this is the last step, before they put him on the shelf - who knows.

I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

Some of you missed the other comment about Lamar Jackson:

"I'm being very careful who I bring in," Fisher said. "I don't want to bring in an entitled five-star player, or four-star player. I've already got that guy. I want to bring in a guy who can change the guy I've got in the room already, change his mind frame by pushing him every day.

"I'm going to get this kid and sit him right next to Lamar Jackson," Fisher said of the four-star cornerback from Elk Grove, California, the most coveted prospect in Nebraska's class of 2016. "I'm going to say, 'Hey, your job is to take Lamar's spot,' right in front of Lamar."

The crowd chuckled. But Fisher was serious.

I LOVE THIS. Some may have problems with it. Lets face it, Lamar played like a p#$$ last year. Time to work Lamar, or its time to leave!

You need to link this quotes and comments and do so ASAP.

RR

This is not as uncommon as the article would suggest. My son played collegiate basketball ... he was the recipient of this mantra all the time. I know several college bball coaches who also profess this mantra.

Its not unusual.

I do object to Fischer putting this out in the open. It embarrasses Lamar Jackson. Why do it? This should be between the player, team and the coach. Not the public.

Agree it happened on an annual basis when I played baseball. I got to play early at several levels because I busted my butt and was a leader and won jobs from older guys who skated in many aspects and showed no interest in being a team leader.

I am not big on shaming guys in public either but with that being said there is a time or two that it acts as a motivator for certain individuals to get them into gear. That is where a coach/boss has to know the personality of the individual and how they will respond. Some guys it works with others not so much.

Last edited:
That is not what you said initially but yeah okay I understand now.
Yeah, I didn't make it very clear, but that's what I meant. "Winning teams" in the first part was the key, but the second part (pulling players) is what didn't happen here:

This isn't new. Winning teams do what is needed to...Win

Saban, urban on down the list will pull a kid in a heartbeat. Title game national spot light. Saban pulls Hurts because he wasnt able to run against Georgia. Freshman comes in and sparks the team. Players know they are replaceable if they are not performing.

"Winning teams" is the key. This certainly didn't happen the last three years.

Yeah, I didn't make it very clear, but that's what I meant. "Winning teams" in the first part was the key, but the second part (pulling players) is what didn't happen here:

No biggie and fair enough with the clarification.

PLEASE be sure to link any quotes or articles that you post. You are putting David and Joe in legal jeopardy if you do not.

I added the link so as to remedy the issue and keep David from receiving a nasty gram as he has a time or two over the years this forum has been up.

Thanks!

RR

Agree it happened on an annual basis when I played baseball. I got to play early at several levels because I busted my butt and was a leader and won jobs from older guys who skated in many aspects and showed no interest in being a team leader.

I am not big on shaming guys in public either but with that being said there is a time or two that it acts as a motivator for certain individuals to get them into gear. That is where a coach/boss has to know the personality of the individual and how they will respond. Some guys it works with others not so much.
Yeah it sucked going first line to 3rd 4th. Just by doing that sends a message loud and clear. You screw up you're going down. Lace em up a little tighter and play. Seemed some were good with 1 minute shifts. Me not so much. Type A personality will shine through every time in response.

It's funny as I was reading Fisher's comments about signing four stars, I instantly thought of Lamar Jackson. I have said earlier that I would rather have developers than recruiters. Making this kind of thing public is a mixed bag. I'm not sure the forum is appropriate, but the message certainly is.

I also like what he said about getting a four star and everybody's happy when the work is just getting started. I hope this coaching change is a turning point for Lamar and he goes on to have success in football and in life.

This is what I was saying.

This is not as uncommon as the article would suggest. My son played collegiate basketball ... he was the recipient of this mantra all the time. I know several college bball coaches who also profess this mantra.

Its not unusual.

I do object to Fischer putting this out in the open. It embarrasses Lamar Jackson. Why do it? This should be between the player, team and the coach. Not the public.
Maybe saying it in private isn't getting the message across...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back