• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lamar Jackson

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

Some of you missed the other comment about Lamar Jackson:

"I'm being very careful who I bring in," Fisher said. "I don't want to bring in an entitled five-star player, or four-star player. I've already got that guy. I want to bring in a guy who can change the guy I've got in the room already, change his mind frame by pushing him every day.

"I'm going to get this kid and sit him right next to Lamar Jackson," Fisher said of the four-star cornerback from Elk Grove, California, the most coveted prospect in Nebraska's class of 2016. "I'm going to say, 'Hey, your job is to take Lamar's spot,' right in front of Lamar."

The crowd chuckled. But Fisher was serious.

I LOVE THIS. Some may have problems with it. Lets face it, Lamar played like a p#$$ last year. Time to work Lamar, or its time to leave!

Red Reign added the link: https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_c0fef3de-4f10-5d51-bdbf-8a4734d666eb.html

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

Some of you missed the other comment about Lamar Jackson:

"I'm being very careful who I bring in," Fisher said. "I don't want to bring in an entitled five-star player, or four-star player. I've already got that guy. I want to bring in a guy who can change the guy I've got in the room already, change his mind frame by pushing him every day.

"I'm going to get this kid and sit him right next to Lamar Jackson," Fisher said of the four-star cornerback from Elk Grove, California, the most coveted prospect in Nebraska's class of 2016. "I'm going to say, 'Hey, your job is to take Lamar's spot,' right in front of Lamar."

The crowd chuckled. But Fisher was serious.

I LOVE THIS. Some may have problems with it. Lets face it, Lamar played like a p#$$ last year. Time to work Lamar, or its time to leave!

I love it to, if he doesn't trot it out to the media it's gold.

Everyone knows Jackson didn't play to his level last year, hopefully including Lamar.

Let the results on the field tell the story of how you've developed kids.

I love the whole philosophy of telling the players that the coaches are constantly looking for people to beat them out of their position. How could you as a player not respect that kind of open honesty?

I've always thought if I ever coached college football that balancing what you tell recruits versus what you tell your players would be a really tough balancing act. And there are a lot of snakes in the coaching ranks who try to tell everybody what they want to hear.

These guys make it look easy and everything they say and do just makes so much sense.

This isn't new. Winning teams do what is needed to...Win

Saban, urban on down the list will pull a kid in a heartbeat. Title game national spot light. Saban pulls Hurts because he wasnt able to run against Georgia. Freshman comes in and sparks the team. Players know they are replaceable if they are not performing.

This isn't new. Winning teams do what is needed to...Win

Saban, urban on down the list will pull a kid in a heartbeat. Title game national spot light. Saban pulls Hurts because he wasnt able to run against Georgia. Freshman comes in and sparks the team. Players know they are replaceable if they are not performing.
"Winning teams" is the key. This certainly didn't happen the last three years.

I love that this is the attitude in that/those position rooms, I would like it even more if fans like myself never caught wind of it. maybe making things like this public are part of a plan to make players tougher, but it seems like a weird thing to be discussed outside of the facilities

This is a great example of telling it like it is and being up front with the players. Look at Alabama the QB has a bad first half and hes benched . Saban is always looking at finding a better player at every position and thats the way it should be. Its just not every coach states it in the media about a particular player.

"This certainly didn't happen in the last three years."

No, it didn't happen.

Sometimes a guy tries to run a nice country club, and those big, mean players from the other B1G teams just hurt your guys and mess up all your plans...
Understood. I thought you were disagreeing with me!

I love that this is the attitude in that/those position rooms, I would like it even more if fans like myself never caught wind of it. maybe making things like this public are part of a plan to make players tougher, but it seems like a weird thing to be discussed outside of the facilities
dup

Last edited:

I love the whole philosophy of telling the players that the coaches are constantly looking for people to beat them out of their position. How could you as a player not respect that kind of open honesty?

I've always thought if I ever coached college football that balancing what you tell recruits versus what you tell your players would be a really tough balancing act. And there are a lot of snakes in the coaching ranks who try to tell everybody what they want to hear.

These guys make it look easy and everything they say and do just makes so much sense.
This is not as uncommon as the article would suggest. My son played collegiate basketball ... he was the recipient of this mantra all the time. I know several college bball coaches who also profess this mantra.

Its not unusual.

I do object to Fischer putting this out in the open. It embarrasses Lamar Jackson. Why do it? This should be between the player, team and the coach. Not the public.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back