• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kyle Simonds from GICC throws no-hitter

Kyle Simonds from Grand Island Central Catholic throws a no-no for the Aggies against Vanderbilt. Another example of how good of baseball is played in this state. Went to Hutch first, where there are a couple guys from Lincoln Pius and Lincoln Southeast tearing it up that we need back up here next year.

Used to ump his little league games. Awesome to see him having success. Like you, I wish it were for Nebraska though. Who are the guys currently at Hutch? Just want to keep their names in mind and see where they end up.

Used to ump his little league games. Awesome to see him having success. Like you, I wish it were for Nebraska though. Who are the guys currently at Hutch? Just want to keep their names in mind and see where they end up.

Nolan Hoffman was a pitcher for Lincoln Southeast that many of my friends that coach Class A thought was better than Curry who is committed to Nebraska from Southeast. He is currently 8-2 with 77 Ks in 72 innings.

Michael Helman is from Lincoln Pius and hitting .411 for them thru 53 games.

Both are freshman but are eligible immediately I believe. Hoffman would come up to Lincoln for little money, if at all.

Nolan Hoffman was a pitcher for Lincoln Southeast that many of my friends that coach Class A thought was better than Curry who is committed to Nebraska from Southeast. He is currently 8-2 with 77 Ks in 72 innings.

Michael Helman is from Lincoln Pius and hitting .411 for them thru 53 games.

Both are freshman but are eligible immediately I believe. Hoffman would come up to Lincoln for little money, if at all.

Thanks for the info. I'll follow these guys and see what happens.

Looks like Nolan Hoffman was offered but turned down Nebraska to go back to Hutch and head to SEC after this year. This kid would have walked on out of high school, now he's turning down offers from us.

Ugh...

Looks like Nolan Hoffman was offered but turned down Nebraska to go back to Hutch and head to SEC after this year. This kid would have walked on out of high school, now he's turning down offers from us.

Ugh...
Nolan Hoffman commits to Texas A&M after not being allowed to walk-on to Nebraska out of high school.

Michael Helman commits to A&M after being told "no" by Nebraska. That makes two guys that were bleeding Husker Red out of high school that didn't get the chance heading down to SEC country to play baseball.

Is Erstad aware of this..... seriously, is he?
I sent a message about Helman before Hoffman committed and didn't get very far. Helman committing shortly after is frustrating. The kid from Northeast who wasn't offered to walk-on just went down to Hutch and he is already hearing from Oklahoma State and Mizzou. That coach loves getting his kids southern offers. He doesn't much care for northern schools.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back