1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Knevel vs. Farniok

Discussion in 'Football' started by Heartbreak Kid, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Heartbreak Kid

Heartbreak Kid Recruit

Listened to the Spring game on the radio, and haven't got the dvd from my dad yet, so I am curious to hear from those that saw the game how these guys looked and any thoughts on how that position battle is going. Not impressed with Knevel last year. Hearing he is much improved this year, but I find it hard to believe without seeing it.

2. MadRat

MadRat Recruit

Knevel is our best LT playing out of position at RT. He looks like a natural RG that would be good pulling out to lead runs.

3. unmartin

unmartin All Legend 10 Year Member

"Knevel vs Farniok"

Sounds like a japanimation shindig

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Heartbreak Kid, huskernut and MadRat like this.
  4. Greatest Fan of All

Greatest Fan of All The Legend 10 Year Member

So, you think he is our best LT but should be playing RG? Did I get that right? :Facepalm:

5. Greatest Fan of All

Farniok is too young and soft to make much of an impact this year, IMO. Hopefully, he gets some reps and will be ready to start next year.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Bugsker

Bugsker Recruit

I am also very confusedo_O

7. berryhusker

berryhusker Junior Varsity 10 Year Member

8. SoCalRed

SoCalRed All Big 10 2 Year Member

Not sure this makes sense. Gates was moved to LT because he was supposed to be the best we had at the position. Why the heck aren't they playing the opposite positions?

9. TFrazier

TFrazier Red Shirt 5 Year Member

I wouldn't count on him getting many reps in games unless there is an injury or Nebraska is blowing out an opponent. :thumbsup:

10. MadRat

MadRat Recruit

Right guard (in a right-hand offense) should be a big physical specimen of a player, the key being that he is mobile.

Utilize the extra large players that are mobile using a variety of ways to get them at the point of attack. The 6-8, 320-pound Zach Sterup spent the majority of his career at tackle, before moving inside to guard where he started the final four games of the 2015 season and helped Nebraska to a 3-1 finish.

It took them over half the season to figure it out with Zach Sterup. They had amnesia from the lesson.

11. Husker North

Husker North Red Shirt 10 Year Member

David was being groomed to be a LT but Lewis never left the field two years ago. Cav moved him to RT?? for reasons they never really explained. Unfortunately he sustained a high ankle sprain early in the Oregon game. A tough injury for anyone to overcome let alone a 6'9" 310lb body. Takes months. During spring game David was pushing the left edge rusher so far to the outside it would take him a week to get to the passer. I know it was vanilla D and second team but he was moving his feet well. I wish he could of stayed healthy and played for more experience the last couple years. Personally think we had something special. Coming from Canada lacked some good coaching but David is a special kind of Big with great mobility. Super nice young man that puts team first and turned down Saban to come to Lincoln

12. Greatest Fan of All

Gee, you take over a program where one of the guys has already spent 4 years playing OT, but you blame "them" (by implication MR/Cav) for not switching him to OG sooner? How about placing the blame where it belonged (a different "them") and giving credit to the guys that figured it out?

RockRyan likes this.
  13. canadianhusker

canadianhusker Red Shirt 10 Year Member

do we want a 6'9" guy playing guard? experts? OL coaches?

Red Reign likes this.
  14. MadRat

MadRat Recruit

I know as a former linebacker I certainly wouldn't want to face one if it was my choice. Can't see over them and it sucks to knock heads with them over and over when the tall, heavy, and lean types pull at me.

15. Greatest Fan of All