• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kirby Smart - I wanna be a Saban

Looks like Coach Smart will need to attend the sensitivity training again. I feel for the kid, and his parents. Especially where the father stated "if he would have just said it is a number issue it would have been acceptable".

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/f...ustice-son-isnt-on-scholarship-220712858.html

I hope this bites him in his nethers. The kid kicked for him, represented the Dogs like he was supposed too. But he doesn't deserve a scholarship for helping you win games. I hope this comes back around to him.

So.....he was on scholarship during the fall but not the spring?

If so, that's BS.

If you're a starter, I think you should be given a scholarship. I know kickers aren't great athletes, but they have a direct affect on the game. We have had excellent kickers for some time now at Nebraska, and they have helped win games for the Huskers.

Having excellent kickers is a great weapon. It's kind of like having a great D-end. Only greater despite his time on the field. If you have a kicker that consistently make fg 40 or beyond despite conditions he is a game changer.

Just another example of SEC football. Hope Ga. loses three or four games on missed field goals next season.

I'm curious in what way Smart "tore down" the kid. Maybe it was explained in the full letter from dad...didn't read the whole thing.

If there are scholarhips that are going to go unused for the spring semester I'm not sure why Smart wouldn't hook a few walk-ons up for the semester...as long as they understand they probably won't be on scholarship in the fall.

MEH! I see this as nothing more than entitlement from the father and the kicker. Them crying about it in the paper, more than likely sealed his fate as a kicker for the Dawgs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back