• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Khalil Davis Injured Thumb in Weight Room / Surgery Went Well

I don't lift weights, but I thought you always had a spotter, especially at that weight. And I do understand that sometimes there are simply accidents.

If anyone is counting, that's three in the weight room so far.

How does that happen? Wow. Hope he recovers completely.
Exactly. With that much weight, he had to be squatting or deadlifting but still, how does that happen? Did he get it caught in a rack, somehow?

Exactly. With that much weight, he had to be squatting or deadlifting but still, how does that happen? Did he get it caught in a rack, somehow?

I got my thumb caught in the rack squatting significantly less weight one time. Just a momentary lapse in attention. Hurt like a mutha.

I don't lift weights, but I thought you always had a spotter, especially at that weight. And I do understand that sometimes there are simply accidents.

If anyone is counting, that's three in the weight room so far.
Spotter isn’t usually helping your thumbs, and this kind of injury probably doesn’t need to be a worry for weight room injury counts.

Spotter isn’t usually helping your thumbs, and this kind of injury probably doesn’t need to be a worry for weight room injury counts.

If we start having a rash of thumb injuries due to lifting, then I'll worry. Hope surgery goes well though. Only thing that can help a broken thumb is time

If we start having a rash of thumb injuries due to lifting, then I'll worry. Hope surgery goes well though. Only thing that can help a broken thumb is time
I hope it's only a broken thumb.
My guess is he will be out for the spring. Let's hope for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back