• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kellen Winslow Jr.

They'll take care of him behind bars, for as crazy as it sounds even criminals have limits.... and grandmas. Dude doesn't deserve to share the O2

He'll claim CTE caused it. Maybe he's right, but he deserves to sit in prison for the rest of his natural born life.

The CTE defense better not be the new trend for NFL players bad or in this case,criminal behavior.

I don't know anything about the Winslow case aside from what's in the article, but that's disturbing enough. Seems like an odd combination of events to have been concocted or incorrectly attributed to an individual.

The CTE defense better not be the new trend for NFL players bad or in this case,criminal behavior.

I don't know anything about the Winslow case aside from what's in the article, but that's disturbing enough. Seems like an odd combination of events to have been concocted or incorrectly attributed to an individual.
Actually it might be better. If it is determined that h is unfit mentally to assist in his own defense. Then he would be put in an institution until he is fit to be tried. There is no cure for CTE.

Similarly if found not guilty by reason of insanity. He would again have to seek treatment until he is fit to return to society. Again no cure for CTE.

Also it would be difficult to prove he has CTE. The only way to diagnose it is if someone is dead. So prove it.

Actually it might be better. If it is determined that h is unfit mentally to assist in his own defense. Then he would be put in an institution until he is fit to be tried. There is no cure for CTE.

Similarly if found not guilty by reason of insanity. He would again have to seek treatment until he is fit to return to society. Again no cure for CTE.

Also it would be difficult to prove he has CTE. The only way to diagnose it is if someone is dead. So prove it.

The last paragraph is the issue IMO. Brain damage can be proved in a living subject through various scans, but the source of the damage or the presence of CTE currently cannot. Seems like a nearly impossible defense to present and effectively argue. Kind of the ultimate straw man.

What he deserves is a fair trial and people to give him the exact same treatment they would expect if they were accused of violating a law.
As I understand it that is what is happening. The article says he is accused of the charges, he's in court dealing with it and he has an attorney.

The article throws every possibility of defense out there.

What a low life human, picking on anyone, let alone elderly women.

Last edited:

He'll claim CTE caused it. Maybe he's right, but he deserves to sit in prison for the rest of his natural born life.
He's not worth my tax dollars, not sure about yours but it'd it'd cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep him alive.

He's not worth my tax dollars, not sure about yours but it'd it'd cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep him alive.
The reality is that the death penalty triggers automatic reviews and appeals that a life sentence does not. Add to that the additional cost of keeping them on death row. Here is a good article on it.
https://www.safecalifornia.org/how-much-does-californias-death-penalty-cost/

Additionally, I have thought about it personally. Would I rather sit in jail for 50-60 years or just end it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back