• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keeping up with the 2019 Commits--Highlights, Tweets, and More (NSD LOI Signing Times)

“Is Nebraska going to drop me?”

Kenyatta Watson, Grayson's recruiting coordinator, didn’t know for sure, but based on every experience he had had working with Sean Beckton over the last few years, and the time he spent getting to know both running backs coach Ryan Held and head coach Scott Frost, he would’ve been surprised if the Huskers decided to move on from Thompkins after a second year shortened by an ACL tear.

Turns out Nebraska was already watching the televised game and already reached out while the game was going on to let Watson know where things stood.

“Basically, as it happened Nebraska was watching, after the game ended I got a call from Coach Beckton and he was like, ‘You know coach no matter how bad it is we’re going to keep Ronald. You let him know he’s got nothing to worry about,’” Watson said. “I spoke with coach Beckton. I spoke with coach Held. I spoke with coach Frost. Our head coach reached out and spoke to all of them as well. Nebraska was adamant.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back