• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kayla Banwarth Named New Husker Assistant Coach

redwinghusker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Welcome back Kayla!

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211401094

Nebraska volleyball head coach John Cook has named former Husker libero Kayla Banwarth as the new assistant coach for the Huskers. Banwarth replaces another former Husker, Dani Busboom Kelly, who was named the head coach at Louisville in November.

“Whenever I have a chance to hire a former player to coach at Nebraska volleyball, it’s something I strongly consider because they understand what this program is about,” Cook said. “Kayla’s strengths are her journey to Nebraska as a walk-on, having a great career at Nebraska and going on to beat out all the other liberos in the United States to become one of the top liberos in the world. I know Kayla has limited coaching experience at the collegiate level, but her strengths will allow her to develop quickly and take over Dani’s role in recruiting and coaching our liberos and passers.”

Great news and this gets that %#^& Texas game thread off of the index.

Her international, professional, and Olympic playing days must be over? Great addition to the staff.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back