• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JUCO QB Terry Wilson to visit week of 11 December

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that has been mentioned is he was out with an illness the last three weeks.

I guess I'd heard he was out with an illness the first week when we played Purdue, but I didn't think I'd heard anything else when they talked of other players being out hurt. Of course I don't spend a lot of time listening real close to stuff like that so I could have missed any updates on his status.

I guess I'd heard he was out with an illness the first week when we played Purdue, but I didn't think I'd heard anything else when they talked of other players being out hurt. Of course I don't spend a lot of time listening real close to stuff like that so I could have missed any updates on his status.
Each week, they just mentioned out for an illness...no other details given.

Frost would definitely know if Wilson has the potential to run his offense. I'm sure he'd pick the brain of some of his former Oregon coaches to see what kind of teammate he was and how he was developing before he transferred.

It almost seems inevitable that you suffer some QB attrition after the season. POB is the most mobile of the group, does he stick around? Does Gebbia? Does Lee decide to go pro knowing he's a bad fit in a spread offense?

If Frost likes what he hears and goes after Wilson, I think doubling up with Jace Ruder makes a lot of sense and is the way I'd proceed. Getting a QB who fits your system is priority #1 during a scheme change. It took Riley a cpl years and you see how that went.

Oklahoma kid, past NU commit, past Oregon enrollee, now JUCO QB in KS.

Not ruling out current QBs, but I think SFs offense would be better served by a DT guy. Gebbia, POB, TL, in that order, might fit the bill, but this guy may be a quicker fix.

https://247sports.com/Player/Terry-Wilson-57500
I like a couple of our QB’s,but above all,I don’t want to lose Gebbia.I believe he is our QB for the immediate future.

I'm guessing there will be no shortage of fans dropping Jace Ruder knowledge on Frost the second he gets hired. That's an aspect of his job I certainly won't envy.

When I look up Ruder's stats, I am unimpressed with them. It looks like he has a 50% completion rate throughout HS. Is that what we want?

When I look up Ruder's stats, I am unimpressed with them. It looks like he has a 50% completion rate throughout HS. Is that what we want?

I noticed your posting percentage of this stat is 100% of the threads Ruder is mentioned in. Is that what we want?

If I'm Frost, I circle the wagons with Colson Yankoff too. Frost offered him at UCF and Colson liked Nebraska. Maybe the combo of Frost and his offense gets him to reconsider. Washington has another highly rated QB commited in this class with him. Worth the try if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back