• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO OLB Amare' Barn--Commits to Va Tech

FWIW - new CB's from yesterday now have Virginia Tech the favorite to land Barno.

He a South Carolina HS graduate so we are fighting geography and, with the end of the contract period, VT gets the last chance to make their case. I was concerned when he didn't commit after his visit to NU.

He a South Carolina HS graduate so we are fighting geography and, with the end of the contract period, VT gets the last chance to make their case. I was concerned when he didn't commit after his visit to NU.

He may commit to VA Tech however, the fact he went to Butler CC in KS shoots down the geography argument

For the record he does not have a VA Tech offer yet

As for contact any school can contact him by social media or on the phone as the Dead Period begins tomorrow. However, can not contact him on or off campus in person

Look this is one of those taking a flyer offers because we have room in the class. Which has been discussed in this thread. I would love to get him for his potential pass rushing skills, but with that being said if he goes elsewhere it won't be a catastrophe

Last edited:
FWIW - new CB's from yesterday now have Virginia Tech the favorite to land Barno.

At present there are three CBs with two for VA Tech and one for Nebraska. For the record all three are from "insiders" from VA Tech and Nebraska. Thus not a lot to read into that

At present there are three CBs with two for VA Tech and one for Nebraska. For the record all three are from "insiders" from VA Tech and Nebraska. Thus not a lot to read into that
His commitment or lack thereof isn't gonna make or break this recruiting class - not by a long shot.

I know we are looking for a pass rusher in this class, and it would help to get one. But I am equally intrigued by who among last years recruits or even maybe someone from the 2019 class might step up into that role.

Can't wait for Wednesday.

Last edited:

He may commit to VA Tech however, the fact he went to Butler CC in KS shoots down the geography argument

For the record he does not have a VA Tech offer yet

As for contact any school can contact him by social media or on the phone as the Dead Period begins tomorrow. However, can not contact him on or off campus in person

Look this is one of those taking a flyer offers because we have room in the class. Which has been discussed in this thread. I would love to get him for his potential pass rushing skills, but with that being said if he goes elsewhere it won't be a catastrophe

I mostly agree. I don't think the geography argument is "shot down" just because he's been in El Dorado for a couple of years. He may still want to play where his family can more easily come to his games. I understand this is a kid that we are taking a bit of a chance on and that, while it would be nice to get him, it won't make or break the class.

I mostly agree. I don't think the geography argument is "shot down" just because he's been in El Dorado for a couple of years. He may still want to play where his family can more easily come to his games. I understand this is a kid that we are taking a bit of a chance on and that, while it would be nice to get him, it won't make or break the class.

Agree, would be nice to get a ready made player, but I think next year our recruiting will be even better. Maybe we can fill the pass rusher with a grad transfer? That would be nice. We have plenty of projects, especially on defense.

The staff obviously wanted him. From an outsider or novice standpoint, this seemed like a reach based on stats and offer list. I would think we could do as well or better filling this spot in February.

Since pass rushing linebackers are one of my areas of recruiting chops expertise, I'll chime in. He could have been a good pickup, but there are a lot of other talented fish in the sea. Nebraska will get some good ones.
My understanding is that we still have about 40 things as higher priorities than improving the pass rush. :Stirthepot:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back