• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO DB Will Jackson is N (Eligible To Play Immediately: 3 to play 2)

So this staff gets two under the max schollie limit and then goes out and finds 2 people none of us were expecting. I like it.
I believe this is referred to as "effective roster management". It seems strange to those of us who have followed Nebraska during the last 15 years. Back in the days of "let's sign a lot of reaches in the transition class, then let's intentionally undersign for a few years, and don't forget to avoid JUCOs at all cost".

I believe this is referred to as "effective roster management". It seems strange to those of us who have followed Nebraska during the last 15 years. Back in the days of "let's sign a lot of reaches in the transition class, then let's intentionally undersign for a few years, and don't forget to avoid JUCOs at all cost".
We did sign reaches in the transition class.

And I expect Frost and staff to continue to sign some reaches. Looks to me like they are willing to take risks, but then they are smart enough to know that they can or have to cover those risks with additions to the class such as this and the DT from Utah.
Indeed. I have no issue with it. Was merely responding to the thought that it only happened back in the day.

And I expect Frost and staff to continue to sign some reaches. Looks to me like they are willing to take risks, but then they are smart enough to know that they can or have to cover those risks with additions to the class such as this and the DT from Utah.
Yeah i think we need to draw a distinction between an educated reach. Like the two we just signed. One who had to work his way through an injury and the other who had a bit of a personal hiccup in his past. They both appear to be great athletes though.

As opposed to lets get a warm body because we did not get our first, second or third choice.

Yeah i think we need to draw a distinction between an educated reach. Like the two we just signed. One who had to work his way through an injury and the other who had a bit of a personal hiccup in his past. They both appear to be great athletes though.

As opposed to lets get a warm body because we did not get our first, second or third choice.
These latest two are here because of the reach earlier(so not thinking of them as a reach) with them both graduated from their schools they will be showing up. This is the result of previous reach (Maurice Washington) and understanding that it is okay to help other find the field at a different institution.

But now we are just hashing recruiting symantecs, but I'd rather save my debates for WR heights and whether or not to use "diamond in the rough" to talk about Ameer Abdullah. :Biggrin:

Good news here in the next month ready for Fall Camp

Interesting spent 2016 at Iowa Western....

so if he left for financial reasons what besides a full scholly can we provide for this type of recruit. This is something that i have always wondered about with kids that come from a tough financial position as tuition is only one (while be it a major component) or their financial situation. We aren't in the SEC after all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back