• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tony Fair commits to UAB

DifLFZUUEAAE_d8.jpg

7 quick takes from Rival's Nate Clouse:

1. Nebraska is looking to improve its roster as fast as possible and that means the Huskers are in the market for some of the top JUCO players in the country to come in and help play immediately. Fair becomes the second JUCO commit in NU's 2019 class and will arrive in Lincoln in December as a 2-for-2 transfer.

2. Fair is a big body at 6-foot-3, 330-pounds that has a lot of playing experience. He should be able to come in and help soften the blow of losing a player like Mick Stoltenberg to graduation at the nose tackle position while also allowing younger guys like Damion Daniels to continue to grow and develop. Having depth a along the defensive line is important to the Huskers.

3. Nebraska defensive coordinator Erik Chinander has said that having a stud nose tackle as the anchor of his 3-4 defense definitely makes things a lot easier for everyone else and it looks like Fair could be someone to help provide that.

More at the link.

Link:
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/tony-fair-commit-what-does-it-mean-for-nebraska-

Last edited:

"It was really the coaching staff," Fair said. "I am really comfortable talking with coach Mike Dawson and head coach Scott Frost. Both of them came from UCF and I know how they did there. I think that Nebraska is headed in the right direction."

Fair has to like the idea of an attacking style of defensive line like Nebraska plans to go to under defensive coordinator Erik Chinander. How they plan to use Fair is another big reason why the 6-foot-3 and 330-pound defensive tackle chose the Huskers.

"That is another reason why I chose Nebraska. I really like how they plan to use me. Yes, they play an odd front, but they are going to play an even front too and make adjustments. I want to move around and not stand still.

"I think that the Nebraska staff can put me in the best position to be successful. I think that they're style and what they want to do will allow me to have an impact there as a real play-maker."

Nebraska won the commitment over Indiana, substantial because the Hoosiers play in Fair’s home state, as he's from South Bend, Ind., and actually spent some time at Indiana State before resurfacing with Pima Community College.

Fair hasn’t visited Nebraska yet, but he told Husker247 that he plans to attend the Colorado game with his family in September.

"After I checked out the background on Nebraska, it wasn't hard at all to commit without visiting," he said.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back