• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Joe Thomas is completely unrecognizable

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
https://news.yahoo.com/news/joe-tho...vbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQ4NTNfMQRzZWMDc3I-

oh yeah ?

before (left picture)
XLASAMXFAZUNEEC.20030626210317.jpg

now ...
JasonPeter.jpg

Last edited:

I am no authority but several big lineman I see after they retire lose a Buuuncccchhh of weight. Although some do get fatter, but the majority I see lose a ton.

I am no authority but several big lineman I see after they retire lose a Buuuncccchhh of weight. Although some do get fatter, but the majority I see lose a ton.
minority: Frazier. And I rewatched 30-30 ESPN "The Best That Never Was". If I remember right, Marcus Dupree peak weight was +150 compared to CFB & early USFL/NFL era.

Lose the mass or it will turn to fat once the workouts and the calorie burning stop...
Zach Wiegert from Fremont said something similar, you can't live on 7 or 8k calories once you stop playing football it just doesn't work.

Also minority celebrity persons (dramatically gained weight). My first thought; Kelly Clarkson, Sally Struthers , Kirstie Alley, Marlon Brando, Steven Seagal, Val Kilmer, Stevie Nicks and some more ......

images

Thomas stopped eating like he needed to weigh 340lbs and quickly lost a bunch of weight. It happens a lot.

Mark Schlereth worked out in the same gym I did back in Denver and was down 40-50 lbs in a year after he pulled the pin. Still a bigger guy, but just looked like a guy. Mix in the guys who played in the steroid era and take that out of the equation and the difference can be even bigger.

Lots of college/pro linemen have to consume huge amounts of food to maintain that weight. Some actually hate eating that much. A friend of our family had a walk on son playing at Nebraska. Never played, but was on the team during BP era. He had to eat constantly to keep his weight at about 290 and they wanted him heavier. Within a year after football was over he was down to about 235 from basically just not eating so much and staying in workout shape.

DR Rob Z played at about 320 and weights about 240 now.

For some guys the weight comes off easy, for others it is a struggle.

I thought some of Tommie's problems were health related?

TF has Crohn's disease, which can cause weight loss, not weight gain.

Mayo Clinic
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It causes inflammation of your digestive tract, which can lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition. Inflammation caused by Crohn's disease can involve different areas of the digestive tract in different people.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back