• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jim McElwain and Michigan

FLAinCALI

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
Soooo Michigan hired Jim McElwain as WR coach and he is a freaking offensive genius.

Hey look, everybody! Jim McElwain is an offensive genius!

You can see for yourself in his bio for the University of Michigan: “McElwain’s units were explosive on offense during his time at Florida, especially through the passing game.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...mcelwain-michigan-offense-20180308-story.html

The rest of the article goes on to destroy McElwain.

What are your thoughts on what McElwain hire means to Michigans competitiveness? All my Gator fans are laughing the butts off that he was hired by UM and they think he is an offensive genius.

Last edited:

Soooo Michigan hired Jim McElwain as WR coach and he is a freaking offensive genius.

What are your thoughts on what McElwain hire means to Michigans competitiveness? All my Gator fans are laughing the butts off that he was hired by UM and they think he is an offensive genius.

Did well at Colorado State, so I don't think it is a bad hire. Midwest connections, some Florida connections. Don't think they have anything to lose hiring him.

As I recall, many UM fans thought Rich Rod was also an offensive genius. Never mind that he couldn't win games.

It's funny how time changes things. Just a few years ago, many here were clamoring for Jim McElwain to come to Nebraska.

Do Harbaugh and McElwain have any history? So often it's more about fit and culture than it is about knowledge. There are plenty of people who know Xs and Os, but that doesn't translate everywhere.

That's why I'm so pleased that Frost brought his entire staff to Nebraska. It's not a "dream team" or a "who's who" of assistant coaches, but they obviously work well together and can communicate their message.

If I've learned anything over the years, it's not always about a big-name, high-profile staff. Well see how McElwain does at Michigan.

McElwain did a helluva job up at CSU . . . which was a mess when he took over. And back when Bo was let go, I would have welcomed him at NU (but he was all in on FL at the time). He was winning games at FL, but got into a mess with his story about death threats and that was his undoing. Not good. But I won't be surprised if he has some success at Michigan running the offense.

Michigan is a bit of a mess right now. Harbaugh's long-time OC left for USC. His newly announced QB coach left for Alabama and of course they have some issues at the QB position. Then throw in the fact that they have three new coaches on offense this year (OL, TE, WR).

Sure, Nebraska has their own issues - new everything but I believe they may be getting Michigan at a perfect time as far its schedule is concerned.

Michigan is a bit of a mess right now. Harbaugh's long-time OC left for USC. His newly announced QB coach left for Alabama and of course they have some issues at the QB position. Then throw in the fact that they have three new coaches on offense this year (OL, TE, WR).

Sure, Nebraska has their own issues - new everything but I believe they may be getting Michigan at a perfect time as far its schedule is concerned.

This news makes me so sad. May have to start drinking Red beers. Heavily!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back